Is it worth it

boomah21

Buying a couple graphs for the boat with this sale going on. My question is, is it worth $400 to upgrade from a 7" to 9" for the bow of the boat?

Currently I don't have anything and will be buying a 7" for the console and either a 9" or 7" for the bow

yes.....go with the 9". I have a 12 on the dash and a 9 on the bow......looking at upgrading the bow to a 12, but will wait on the Gen4. If you are running split screens the 7 gets pretty small

+1 if you wanna run the split screen

I'm running an hds 9 on the bow, definitely wouldn't go any smaller, while standing up, the extra size is worth every penny especially when in split mode running gps, sonar, and structure scan. Even the 9" starts getting small while operating 3 features. I'm going to keep the 9" up front, but add a cheaper non-touch 7" as a dedicated sonar next to it, like a hook or elite series. I'm currently running a pair of 7" on the dash, one dedicated gps, the other sonar, and they've been working great, although I'm probably going to upgrade the gps unit to a touch screen, far easier and user friendly than the non touch. You'llbe glad you sprung the extra few $$$

It is worth it. I have a 11" on the bow and a 9" in my dash that is hooked up to a 15" monitor mirroring it. People ask all the time where I got my 15", I got it used on eBay and it works great but would have been about $1300.00 new. I reworked the bow and the dash so all would flush mount. It was a lot of work but worth it.

I'm running an hds 9 on the bow, definitely wouldn't go any smaller, while standing up, the extra size is worth every penny especially when in split mode running gps, sonar, and structure scan. Even the 9" starts getting small while operating 3 features. I'm going to keep the 9" up front, but add a cheaper non-touch 7" as a dedicated sonar next to it, like a hook or elite series. I'm currently running a pair of 7" on the dash, one dedicated gps, the other sonar, and they've been working great, although I'm probably going to upgrade the gps unit to a touch screen, far easier and user friendly than the non touch. You'llbe glad you sprung the extra few $$$

What units are you running and what kind of monitor are you using to mirror your unit?

It is worth it. I have a 11" on the bow and a 9" in my dash that is hooked up to a 15" monitor mirroring it. People ask all the time where I got my 15", I got it used on eBay and it works great but would have been about $1300.00 new. I reworked the bow and the dash so all would flush mount. It was a lot of work but worth it.

what units are you running and what monitor are you using as a mirror

Thought I deleted that first post. I never thought about just mirroring with a monitor, is it water proof because Toledo and Rayburn get nasty not to mention when it rains

Yes it is an Argonaut 15". I looked on their site and it looks like the 17", prices are way up there, I suggest looking for used.

It all depends on how they measure the height. Lowrance created a cult following for their older taller screens when they went with wider screens. I even wrote to em about it but nada. Reason being drop shot users just want as much height as possible to see bait falling into the zone....u don't need all of the gizmos up front imo.

Edited by bigpoppabass