SUB Tournament February 20th - 26th

SU Crew

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A victory of sorts... first swim fish of the year and one of few fish on my seemingly dying local water. Only place with bass in it (publicly) within two hours and we struggle to get a fish or a few. Four years ago 20 fish days with 20+ lb limits were the norm, now I am happy to get anything. :cry:

DSCF0956-1.jpg

DSCF0959-1.jpg

3-10, hoping for another second place contest!!!

FVCK ME! i had a ton of bites tonight, the weather lined up and I hadn't fished this pond ina week and a half. An hour into it I hook up, can NOT move the fish, get it clise enough to see with my headlamp, and dear god it's the biggest "not allowed" bass I've ever seen. Way bigger than the 10.3 I got a while ago, and maybe a teener. Then I made a stupid mistake, didn't reel in far enough and when I went in the water to grab her, she shook free. Holy ish that bass was way, way over 10. Bugged out eyes and all.

Wouldn't have mattered much for the tourny though, I forgot to get the code... 8-)

FVCK ME! i had a ton of bites tonight, the weather lined up and I hadn't fished this pond ina week and a half. An hour into it I hook up, can NOT move the fish, get it clise enough to see with my headlamp, and dear god it's the biggest "not allowed" bass I've ever seen. Way bigger than the 10.3 I got a while ago, and maybe a teener. Then I made a stupid mistake, didn't reel in far enough and when I went in the water to grab her, she shook free. Holy ish that bass was way, way over 10. Bugged out eyes and all.

Wouldn't have mattered much for the tourny though, I forgot to get the code... 8-)

With the fish you are catching, I would recommend a good net. Get the Promar LN-501B. Good net for big bait fishing. Who cares what people think when they see it? You're the one who will be silencing them with the toads you are catching.

When you are on the bank, just drag that slob on the mud or into the weeds. I have managed to lose my biggest fish of the year the last three years straight! Don't f around with them in the water.

At least you are just getting started and seem to have a magical untapped resource in your backyard!!

When you are on the bank, just drag that slob on the mud or into the weeds. I have managed to lose my biggest fish of the year the last three years straight! Don't f around with them in the water.

At least you are just getting started and seem to have a magical untapped resource in your backyard!!

Darth, I have been thinking I need a net for a month now, especially at "the" pond. Off of the dam, it's really steep and there's no place to even grab a fish. I just need one with a long handle and a wide netting area.

bigworm, yeah pretty much. I know there's a state record in there, and I'm going to catch it. I'm also learning SO MUCH about how big fish behave. It's amazing. That fish last night had moved up from the creek channel to feed in the shallow cove all night. They big fish just round up a couple gills at a time and run them up on the shore. Weather had been warm for a week straight again, so I figured last night would have been a good night to chuck.

By the way, does anyone else agree with me that when you feel the tap on a Hudd, set the hook, and barely move the fish, is that not the greatest thing ever? I mean literally barely move the fish..

Dam Fat-g was waitin fer a pic from you..... Your pond/lake sounds awesome fer lmb bummer on the head shake. I pretty much jus drag on shore or try a quick thumb job :) I need to look into a net tho the last fish I caught shook so bad on shore she allmost smashed my lure on the rocks :( planin on hittin dv today for the after noon bite......