Evening PB and First DD

kahai808

Its been tough trying to get on the water lately because of work. Brian (Biggfeast) wanted to hit an afternoon/evening session which worked out perfect because i just got home from work and my wife had homework to finish. Decided to throw the 10" Hudd.

Only had about 3.5 hours before the gate closed so we concentrated out time on three lake points that were fairly close to each other with flats and drop offs. Started chucking the 10" hudd at the edge of drop offs. I ended up getting snagged about 10ft in front of me and it cut my hudd off clean. Jumped in the water to try and retrieve it and it was gone. Was pretty bummed. Picked my head back up and tied on the 8" hudd i had in my bag.

Just as the sun went down i hooked into a health 6.9. She chocked it head first. My hudd was rigged BB style and hook was deep in her throat. Was able to pull the bait out of her throat and saw that only one hook was in her and went in through her gills to get it out. Held her in the water for a good two min, got my pictures and she swam away strong! Made the crappy feeling of losing a bait go away!

Retied my Hudd back on and started to cast between two points with a flat on one side and a drop off on the other. About two cast in my hudd was drilled. Felt like i was dragging a tree through that water. I keep my rod bent and kept cranking my reel. Brian pulled her on the beach and lipped her. He said,"I think you did it bro, I think you got a DD!" I grabbed her and started to shake. It felt pretty damn amazing after the countless hours we put in this past year. We got a few pics of her, a quick video and she was back in the water for someone else to enjoy!

Big up's to my fishing partner Biggfeast. We are always collaborating with ideas and we go in with a plan. Make it a lot easier eliminating water and trying different techniques and baits. 

-SB Owls

pics coming in a few

My honor to lip her bro haha! I'm so stoked on this fish still.

Wasn't even my catch but I was shaking as well lol.

Prior to this fish me and Dean were talking about a little theory we had on what these big girls were doing, and it las amazing to see our theory come thru and work like a charm.