Game over...

MarkH024

I feel your pain - just about every lake around here is icing over too.  Still I found one open lake (I know of two in my immediate area), so last night my son and I spent about 3 hours throwing swimbaits (me) and jerk baits (him) into the dark, while standing on a snow-covered shoreline.  It was a gorgeous night, with a spotlight moon, coyotes and great horned owls providing the background music, and lots of good chatter between my son and I.  No fish, though we heard something (likely a trout) get destroyed.

As for dropping 68s through the ice - I've tried it, but haven't landed anything yet.  I also dropped a fast-sink BBZ-1 Jr. through the ice but it also hasn't been killed yet.  So far the closest I've come is to have some lake trout come in and inspect a 68 at about 30', but they wouldn't hit it.

I used to feel your pain but not any more....

Spent last Christmas morning catching fish in 80 degree weather... Sunshine state may not produce monsters BUT, we don't have to worry about cabin fever.. Sorry Mark.. probably didn't make it better... haha

Spent last Christmas morning catching fish in 80 degree weather... Sunshine state may not produce monsters BUT, we don't have to worry about cabin fever.. Sorry Mark.. probably didn't make it better... haha

Christmas day last year was my best single day of fishing for the whole year. Twelve fish in  four hours with six over five and a largest of 8+.