Swim baits only

brgbassmaster

I fish whatever I think the situation calls for but I'm always targeting the biggest fish even when I'm not throwing a swimbait. Most of the time the swimbait is the best option for catching the biggest fish but sometimes it's a real tough bite and the swimbait is just not getting the job done. I will say, at least where I'm at, it's rare for us not to catch something on a swimbait. But it does happen. Just the other day we had over 25 lbs for our best 5 and we had no swimbait fish. We threw them but it just didn't work. We caught our best fish on jigs and a-rigs.

ive gone full swimbaits...i skunk a lot but when i do get a fish i am very happy with my choice to stick it out.  More often than not my friends will be fishing conventional gear while i throw the big stuff and I get made fun of and ish talked to for "throwing rocks" or "dropping bombs" until i stick a fish that can eat everything they have caught in a single bite...

I fish swimbaits about 99% of the time.

On occasions in the summer i will tie on the 3:16 NoBull Frog to throw into Tullies, thats about the only time im not throwing a "swimbait" i guess. This year ill be doing that approach with the 3:16 Minnow so i will actually be going 100% swimbaits at that point.

I had a few years of 100% bapes. This year I was maybe 80%, and I caught my PB on a jig. I'm pretty sure I had this fish hooked on a baitsmith about an hour before she ate a jig. Sometimes it pays to switch things up.

IMG_20160410_123904655_HDR_zpsqludk8vq_e

I fish swimbaits about 99% of the time.

On occasions in the summer i will tie on the 3:16 NoBull Frog to throw into Tullies, thats about the only time im not throwing a "swimbait" i guess. This year ill be doing that approach with the 3:16 Minnow so i will actually be going 100% swimbaits at that point.

I was throwing frogs if i wasnt throwing a swimbait....then the WRS came out and it skips right over the grass...

Quality over quantity(not talking about women, fish)

I was throwing frogs if i wasnt throwing a swimbait....then the WRS came out and it skips right over the grass...

Definitely going to have alot of WRS use this year as well.

I sold all my conventional gear to keep myself honest... been swimbait only for over a year now and have learned alot in that time. It takes some patience and commitment, but it has worked for me. I'd rather have a slow day fishing swimbaits than catch a bunch of small fish throwing conventional stuff.

theres no replacement for a frog. I have more DDs on frogs than any other bait. putting the frog down your definitely passing over potentially the biggest bites of the year. 

I love pitching way too much. There's a lot of areas and situations where a s.b just isn't the best choice to catch fish. I don't identify as a swimbait fisherman. But I do throw them a lot. Prolly 50/50

theres no replacement for a frog. I have more DDs on frogs than any other bait. putting the frog down your definitely passing over potentially the biggest bites of the year. 

Im not saying im getting rid of my frogs!!!!  Theres no replacement for a frog bite!!  I REALLY want to go on a frog trip on the Delta!!! *hint hint wink wink*

This is going to be my first year sticking to just swimbaits! I might throw a buzzbait early in the a.m. but other than that I'm going with just swimbaits so I can learn as much as possible!

Replace the buzzbait with a whopper plopper...same action and noise but can slow it down and do a stop and go retrieve