Neg issues???

Campobassmaster

Ok so I've had a negotiator for awhile now but haven't fished it a ton because whenever I work it with consecutive fast reel pops it seems to roll over a lot. Is this normal? 

I have tried the bait on 15# fluoro, 20# fluoro and 25# copoly. 

Is it just a bait you work slow? or what, looking for negotiator experts.

Or maybe the dude I traded to it for just screwed me over.........

Seems like the issue is not the bait, you have to learn how each bait works since that bait is made out of wood every 1 of them somewhat behaves differently. I had 1 that a fish broke me off and that bait suspended really good and I could reel it fast and pop it and it will not roll over. I have not found another negotiator quite like it, the others I have still works but not like that 1. This is the best tip I can give you, just fish it.

Seems like the issue is not the bait, you have to learn how each bait works since that bait is made out of wood every 1 of them somewhat behaves differently. I had 1 that a fish broke me off and that bait suspended really good and I could reel it fast and pop it and it will not roll over. I have not found another negotiator quite like it, the others I have still works but not like that 1. This is the best tip I can give you, just fish it.

Thanks R8r, I will definitely be messing with it more, Fishes smoothly at most speeds, just sometimes will roll over if I try to glide, pause glide, then glide glide quickly

I had some and didn't notice any roll over. I fished it fast and slow and tried every retrieve I could but nothing significant that I noticed as far as the bait not being balanced. I have a new one coming and can't wait. Alumi ! Good luck with it man. Great bait for sure!

mine does that sometimes but hasn't gotten bit....

Must be broken then. Couldn't possibly be your fault.

Mine glides well and doesn't roll very much. It doesn't burn well. I actually like that it just kinda runs straight through the water once I speed up my retrieve. Helps me get it back to the boat quickly when I am fishing shade lines and situations where I am not fishing the bait all the way back to the boat.

I've had my best luck on the bait fishing it slow in the colder months.

Negs are the worst "glide" bait if your looking for it to glide..they accel at being a jerky erratic glide..the best luck I've had is moving them quickly in fast water..not the same for lakes unless you have some wind..like R8R said..people have too many expectations and want reels, rods and baits to do the work..learn that bait and make it work to its strengths..

Must be broken then. Couldn't possibly be your fault.

Mine glides well and doesn't roll very much. It doesn't burn well. I actually like that it just kinda runs straight through the water once I speed up my retrieve. Helps me get it back to the boat quickly when I am fishing shade lines and situations where I am not fishing the bait all the way back to the boat.

I've had my best luck on the bait fishing it slow in the colder months.

Does your negotiator sink insanely slow? I would love to fish it in the cold but it would take what feels like an hour to get deep, and would probably come up fast.

hoping its not broken, made a trade for it awhile back with bigbasser and he didn't say there were any issues, and I haven't done anything to it nor has it hit any structure or anything (that I can remember)

Isn't too bad on a slow retrieve but  I'm just concerned when I fish it slow and a fish follows, if I go pop pop to try to get a reaction, thats when it blows out