Alabama Rigs

ajaustin44

I throw them on a mojo bass 7'9" swimbait rod that is rated for 1-4oz. Cardiff 400 with 20lb line, mono or fluoro. Fluoro or mono seems to get wayyyy more bites than braid for me, not sure why but enough that I won't ever think about throwing one on braid.

I like Picasso's rigs, they are well made and will hold up to a pile of fish, easy to change out hardware on them too. I don't throw anything other than keitechs on a rig unless I am striper fishing in which case the keitechs get torn up too easily.

Put a 5.8" keitech on each arm on a rig with big blades and you've got quite a commotion coming through the water. I've caught bass on the rig in 40 degree water and its effectiveness in cold water is one of my favorite things about it.

A-Rigs are truly a big fish bait, my big fish of last year came on one. I agree with Nolan on the Kietech swing impact fat with blades, the no blades have their place also, only difference is I go smaller on the non hook arms. Tactical Bassin has some good vids on them.