Massachusetts Fishing

northeast_trev

Any of you boys been out on the water yet? i see on NEF that there is a lot of water open. I'm dying to get out, ish is frozen up this way still. Might have to make a trip down if anyone is trying to sling some baits!

Edited by northeast_trev

I went out on Saturday to test out my new motor and fish. Was a little windy, but good to get out. Some shorelines have ice - where we were did at the boat ramp, but we busted right through it. Snow and a little colder weather today may cause some to refreeze a thin layer, but you may be good by the weekend.

In Central Mass we had a mix of open water and ice during the last 10 days.  I got out half a dozen times- mostly short trips of 2 hours or so.  So far about half a dozen LM and a couple of SM but the biggest was only about 3.5# and all of those were on hair jigs in deep water.  I've thrown swimbaits about half the time and have not had a touch on them.  The water is still really cold.  All the places I fished were only partly open and with the cold returning they are now refrozen.  Cape Cod would probably be your best bet.  Maybe someone in that area can give you info on that.  Cabin fever time.

Mostly skim ice around here just within the last few days. Other than that it's been open. A lot of guys getting good numbers on jerkbaits. I saw a picture of a pig get caught last week. Extended forecast has next Wednesday at 55 with rain 2 days should take care of the ice. Plus if we get any snow tonight it should insulate it and slow it down. Already Feb so not too much longer.