Curado 300 E vs 300DSV?

eyra_kid

Wow. Popped back in here and my thread is two pages! :shock:

I appreciate the input guys. I think I will have to look at the 300TE a bit more. I knew it was rock-solid, and very popular with swimbaiters. I think in the back of my mind I was thinking if I went with the TE, I'd never have to replace it. But I had wondered if it would be comfortable to throw with my little hands. The recessed reel seat makes me feel better about that.

Still, it sounds like the 300DSV and the 300E would both work fine. I still prefer the D-series in the smaller sizes. Geoff, I knew that the DSV had a bushing on the driveshaft, but I wasn't sure what size bearing it took. Appreciate that info. It sounds like you got a little reel repair side business going on. I've got a little reel cleaning/repair business myself, but I am not as knowledgeable on these bigger reels. Just don't see many around here.

Thanks again for the input guys. I think I'll keep hunting for either a 300DSV or a 300TE.

Hopefully, I can find a deal on one before my Corsair grenades. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I know this is a really old topic but I'm new and going through all the info and came across this. This is the first I've heard of the 300 Curado's being made anywhere but Japan. I just purchased my 301E early this year and it's made in Japan. I really, really don't want this to come across wrong, especially since I'm new but are you sure you weren't mistaken? It isn't a big deal at all, the only reason I'm even interested in this is because as I said this is the first I'd heard about them not being made in Japan. Thanks for the great site guys, just starting to get into the bigger baits.

3ae657d2-1ec8-4c78-8377-33d62fc81d1a_zps9fda941a.jpg

As far as I know, all the E series were and are made in japan. They stopped making the 50e and 200e but still currently make the 300e because they haven't came out with a 300 in the newer G series which are made in Malaysia. Even the chronarch e series that they still make are made in japan. I hope that answers your question.

Curado E's were made in Japan, the first ones to be made in Malaysia are the G series

I think they swapped sometime in the middle of production. I had two brand new 300E's that had "MALAYSIA" stamped on the reel seat :?

But i do remember my 200e7 had a Japan stamp.

could be wrong, but i remember mine being malaysia models.

Geoff

At the time I posted, I didn't even have them anymore and bought two 300DSV's. The Malaysia was a sticker, and not embossed like the others. Could have been a weird coincidence. All the ones I've serviced have been Japan made.

Geoff

prior to my calcuta 401d purchase, all my reels were curado 301dsv. they threw everything from big to small. i used 18-25lb mono on each reel (coupled with extra spools).

:)

i had zero issues with the reel, and zero issues with any size bait. the extra line capacity on the dsv spools were great!

keep in mind i modified all my reels with upgraded bearings and brakes.

Curado E's were made in Japan, the first ones to be made in Malaysia are the G series

I think they swapped sometime in the middle of production. I had two brand new 300E's that had "MALAYSIA" stamped on the reel seat :?

But i do remember my 200e7 had a Japan stamp.

could be wrong, but i remember mine being malaysia models.

Geoff

At the time I posted, I didn't even have them anymore and bought two 300DSV's. The Malaysia was a sticker, and not embossed like the others. Could have been a weird coincidence. All the ones I've serviced have been Japan made.

Geoff

Thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me. Like I said earlier I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers with my question, I was just curious.