SO............ 2011

BIGSTEVE

I am counting down the days as them big females move off the nest....sulk for a bit...and then come on hard. I'll keep checkin' this bite every day but fish smart ....it started for me last year about mid-April when the fairy wand guys were crying they couldn't find their fish on nests I was getting slammed on wake baits and topwaters....lasted all through summer into early fall. Trout will be out ...its the bluegill/baby bass pattern so them bass will choke down a big bait just the same. I expect to have 10 over 5lbs. by the end of May documented right here. Thats nothing for guys like Butch but I'm fishing CPLakes for bass mostly. Need to get on more big fish water this year. When its slow I still go but when the momentum starts fish real hard and relentless...get on em' hard when they are slammin' they could go off the bite any time.

Stripers this spring. DV and Willow Beach. Two rods...two baits and cover water like a demon...points...boils..coves...cast....get tired..troll...get bored...cast...take your red bulls and stay under the low light....early late and night....keep some BIG baits in the mix....love them bass but that big striper is still king for me.....bass to stoke the fires...stripers the ultimate prize for me...30lber is the goal for the year...but I'll take a 29 :lol:

My favorite time of year is almost here...so I'm totally pumped....its about to go off..

John

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swimbait only here, haven't fished anything else in a couple of years now, and don't have a problem sticking fish at all. The one thing is I don't force feed a super big bait, if they want a 6" bait I'm throwing it, and sticking'em. Also in my opinion some lakes the # of 8 to let's just say 12 pound plus fish are not as high as other lakes, so if you have a lake that is full of 3 to 5 pounders, then fish for them, not that I don't want to stick a trophy, but I still like to go to the lake and just flat out wear'em out also. A fish is a fish, but won't lie, who doesn't like sticking a monster, i know I do, but personally feel like you need to match the bait with the water you are fishing, depending on what type of fishing you are doing, fishing or trophy hunting.

I plan on making swimbaits a bigger part of my fishing though I don't plan on throwing them exclusively. I've been fishing the smaller swimbaits for a few years I now plan on integrating the bigger baits into my fishing and looking forward to doing more night fishing this coming summer. I've also dropped a small fortune on new baits his winter, certainly looking forward to learning these lures.

My plan for 2011............is to find an old rich lady to marry so I can quit my job and fish more, these 16 hour days are killing me!

+ 1000000

I need me a rich cougar too! Less work More Fish would be nice!

To hell with a rich cougar, find a rich girl in her twenties! Gotta get over the awkward stare from the parents though when you go to pick her up in a car worse than her own though.

Or find a girl who likes to fish or whose dad likes to fish. She'll be used to it and he might like you a bit more...

Or find a girl who likes to fish or whose dad likes to fish. She'll be used to it and he might like you a bit more...

Yea, but then when you wana get your alone time to fish, your kinda screwed

Yea, but then when you wana get your alone time to fish, your kinda screwed

It's a loose loose. If she or her dad don't like to fish, then you'll get bugged when you spend a lot of time fishing. If they do, then you don't get to go solo as much as you want.