Mattlures 2017 Release

zanwhite

I've been seeing pictures everywhere of baits with the tails being cropped out of the pics. I have been enlightened on the new tail style, but has anyone heard any info on what time of year he plans on making them available to the general public? I want a trout badly... Thanks! 

I have not heard an ETA. I imagine he'll get them out as the batches are finished. I missed a 8 last week on my ultimate gill w/ the new tail. Water in the high 40's. It made me a believer lol. I can't wait to see the big Hardgill!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been seeing pictures everywhere of baits with the tails being cropped out of the pics. I have been enlightened on the new tail style, but has anyone heard any info on what time of year he plans on making them available to the general public? I want a trout badly... Thanks! 

I was wondering the same thing.

Good to see mods coming on tried and true baits...Not sure what Matt has instore for us but I'm excited...Not pretty and Nothing special but since I couldn't get some of my Hudd gills to swim straight- I used the tail section on some Mattgills...let me it Swims straight at any speed gets crushed!

post-19318-0-71677900-1488470023_thumb.jpg

The new tail that is going to be offered on the Mattlures soft lures is in the vein of the Huddleston Vortex tail.  That's it....just a version for more "pump" than the current boot tail.  The design is unique so as to avoid Hudd's patents and probably just cause Matt likes to innovate his own stuff.  But, the end result is a tail that moves more water.

As you can see this particular color scheme also mirrors that of the recently released Hardgills.

Carl / Keepin'it Reel Fishing

post-21907-0-64223600-1488486253_thumb.jpg

I knew you had one Carl. Your secret lure that you wouldn't show us in the video. Haha

I got a few to test, but right as my waters were beginning to ice over.  I only got it out for a test run recently.  But, as Ryan Perry can attest they work JUST FINE!  :)

I didn't design my tail to get around other patents. I designed it to get the most action out of any speed. Now I am patent pending, getting my own patent. You guys will see it looks totally different  then any of the other tails but more important is the way it swims. It has that beautiful slow motion swim when fished ultra slow but when you speed them up, that's when they really come alive. They have a very aggressive thump. If you watched Ryans video when he caught his 10lber, look at how fast he's retrieving the bait. That tail was thumping good when the fish bit. Most soft baits have a sweet spot where they excel at one particular speed. This is why guys like to fish boot tails when its warm and slower tails when it cold. my new tailed baits swim exceptional at all realistic speeds. Oh yeah and I believe they thump harder then any comparable soft bait.