Help to assist Noobs

BamaChild

To help noobs who come to this forum not knowing swimbait lingo please comment any swimbait related phrases such as Unicorn = rare bait, etc...

Thank you.

Don't listen to those guys....... they are somewhat true but just being, well, themselves.       the search bar is useful but not as useful as people think.............

BNIB= brand new in box (sometimes BNIP, brand new in package)

TYD= to your door (price includes shipping)

WTB= want to buy

WTT= want to trade

WTS= want to sell

FS= For sale

ISO= in search of

bait terms:

SS= slow sink

F=Float

HF=heavy float

316 baits:

BAA= Born again armageddon

FS= Freestyle, there are freestyle trouts, gills, shads, bass, herrings, and other variations of them, but those are the main ones.

OG Arm= Original armageddon, before Mickey changed the bait and brought it back.

Roman Made:

MOM= Roman Made Mother, some call it a M.I.L.F as in Mother I'd Like to Fish................

Neg= Negotiator, the smaller version of the Mother

Deps: 

250 or 175, the size of the bait, in mm

OG= original body style, made of foam, not abs plastic

"new" style= the new body style, made of abs plastic

Any other questions feel free to pm me.

I don't know... he did leave out 'bait term' FS = Fast Sink

But, pretty impressive. Good job, kid.

lol I was going to but I was worried having 3 FS it would be confusing with Freestyle, for sale and fast sink. thought someone would bag on me for that... lol

so add the... 

'bait terms'

FS= Fast sink

MS= Moderate sink (only have seen that in savage gear baits)

XSS= Xtra Slow Sink (seen a lot in 316 baits, hph, phoney frogs, and a lot of custom baits.) 

^ don't think you will see xss in many big manufacturer baits ie spro, gancraft, jackall.

you could add wake, shallow, medium, deep diver for baits like the mattlures meathead (meathead does not have a medium diver I believe)

some baits are suspending, I don't know how to say that, maybe the same as XSS

could add the whole 3 generations of punkers deal but that needs pics that I don't have.   There is "OG" which was the first wooden model, then the "wooden" ones, which I thought just meant OG because they have abs injected plastic ones (G2) now, but I guess he has new wooden ones and old (OG).

also, you hit the "unicorn" term pretty much spot on, but as you saw we have a thread for that. 

The most common bait referred to as a unicorn would be the Hinkle Trout, it may not be as rare as some other baits but its a long story as to why it is considered one, at least to me. Some other ones are mostly older hinkles, a lot of 316 baits, like the sport model freestyles. (I myself haven't seen a sport gill or herring), the glides, 1 ups, 2 ups, hate bait. but there are much much more. 

Edited by Campobassmaster

Don't listen to those guys....... they are somewhat true but just being, well, themselves.       the search bar is useful but not as useful as people think

Exactly. If you search something like "best deeps 250 rod" it's going to come back as nothing because those terms are to frequent. Most searchs I do come back like that. The search really doesn't help newer members or newer swimbaiters who don't know exact specifics to add so the terms aren't to common.

Litteraly typed "best deps 250 rod" in the search and this came up..if it's been talked about it usually comes up

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38918-favorite-rod-for-250s-and-hudds/?fromsearch=1

Edited by BigSlant

I'm a newb too but the search bar has been pretty good for me, so much so that I haven't had to ask any goofy questions  8-)   

Like any other search you may have to try a couple different phrases or terms to get the results you're looking for but that doesn't mean it isn't working.  Then again....I used to have to do my library searches at a card catalog, then walk to a wall of books, then flip through each book that might have the info till I found the right one :mrgreen:

So a database search that takes a little effort to use isn't cause to declare it junk lol.   

Edited by tHeINFamoUS