Huddleston rigging idea

Garrett

I haven't been able to go out fishing in what feels like forever so I've been experimenting. What are your thoughts on using a single hook stinger rather than a treble? My train of thought is it will help keep it from getting caught on structure and maybe pin the fish better than a treble. Please critique and let me know what you think!

post-27810-0-51484800-1488295289_thumb.jpg

post-27810-0-26221700-1488295376_thumb.jpg

I just started swimbaiting last year with a savage gear 8inch top hook and had a ton of followers and short strikes leaving teeth marks all the way up to the dorsal fin but never any further up, so I was going to try this and planning on removing it if I consistently hook them on the jig hook.

I just started swimbaiting last year with a savage gear 8inch top hook and had a ton of followers and short strikes leaving teeth marks all the way up to the dorsal fin but never any further up, so I was going to try this and planning on removing it if I consistently hook them on the jig hook.

I fish the savage gears as well and the bass seem to love chomping it from the tail for some reason.

The concept should work! How is the hook anchored to the bait?

I fish the savage gears as well and the bass seem to love chomping it from the tail for some reason.

The concept should work! How is the hook anchored to the bait?

Didn't see the quote button ^^^^^

It looks really clean! I couldn't even see how it was connected upon my initial inspection...but now that you told me I can just barely see it. It'll fool the fish for sure! Great job!

Thanks man!