How do you guys like the rig your hudds?

dub4502

Just picked up an 8inch hudd, it will be my first go with them. I have used the 68's but saw no need to add any additional hooks. I'm in MA so I wont be catching the true giants. So i'm wondering how you all like to rig your hudds? Leave it as is with the tophook, BB rig, belly hooks, single strand connected to the jig hook, etc... I see so many ways to rig it and not sure what the most beneficial way will be. Thanks!

Straight out of the package top hook. I like to give the new hudd a 212* bath before deploying. 

Yea i've heard boiling them is good. Is it just for straightening everything out or does it give it a little more action?

Jig hook for me, BB rig works great if you dont suck at rigging wire like I do.... 

Yea i'll prob stay away from crimping for now, i'd more than likely botch it! If I do anything like that it will probably be what Matt Allen shared in a video about using single strand connected to the jig hook using a haywire twist, looks easy enough. But from the sounds of what you guys are saying, jig hook is the way to go, nothing more. I'll prob go that route and if I feel i'm getting alot of short strikes try something else.

• 3 weeks later...

As others said, jig hook straight outta the bag. Hudds tend to come with that jig hook bent down a tad pointing towards the top of the bait...so I bend it up just a tad to where it's level with the back. Little better hook purchase on the set. The big girls almost always choke the Hudd and the jig hook is right in the roof of the mouth, works great. Keeping her pinned is a different story...reel hard, low, fast and PRAY she stays down!! Lol.