swaver 200 floating?

viaxai

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but trying to get more into the swimbait game.  Over the past few months, I was able to pick up 3 swavers 200: 2 in Warden and 1 in the lite trout color.  Finally got to throw them today and noticed that the two swavers in the warden color tends to float or stay right underneath the surface.  The lite trout will sink alot faster than the other two.  Is this a defect with the warden color or something?  I was using 20lb flouro for the baits.  

I've had the same problem. A couple of times, I've noticed the hooks that came with the bait stock were different (i.e. bigger/heavier) on the baits that sink faster. You can actually make a pretty big difference on the sink rate on an S Waver by simply changing out hooks/splits (smaller/lighter if you want the bait to sink slower or float, bigger/heavier if you want the bait to sink faster). Other posters are right, though, that the sink rate on the Wavers tends to vary out of the box considerably. It's a great bait regardless. Try comparing hooks/splits on the baits and see if there is a difference. If not, then try to add heavier hooks to baits you want to sink faster or switch out to lighter hooks on baits you want to sink slower or suspend. I'm in agreement, however, that having an S-Waver that suspends 2-3 feet down would be fantastic, especially this time of year as the fish are moving in and out of the shallows to feed/stage/bed.