Swimbait fam help

Jetfisherjohn

Quick background Info.. ive caught a 5lber on a savage gear bluegill, and a 4.5 on a Swaver 120 last year, along with lots of 1-3 on soft plastic swimbaits and a castaic bd shad before I got my bullshad.. since then I have acquired a lot more baits, in all variety, so this is really my first solid year I'm going to have throwing swimbaits. This is my current selection of baits.. 7.5" hollowbody, 8" Jenko bootyshaker( thing thumps harder than a drum) 8" hudd, Swaver 168, 5" and 6" sg gills, 2 sg 7" shine glide, and an 8" bullshad.

We are getting steady days between 50-65 outside lows only getting down into the high 40s and 5" at night. To build confidence going into spring and warmer months, what should I be throwing the most out of this bunch. I have 3 rods I use for my swimbaits. 1 for nothing but treble hook baits, one for smaller weighted single hook baits, and a bigger rod that can handle things like my 8" hudd, my 8" bootyshaker, and 8" bullshad. I caught my first fish on the shine glide the other day, other than that, everything I've caught this year has been off of a 5" soft plastic.. so I'm reaching out to you all to help me get a small rotation going so I can start building my confidence as the year really gets into full swing.

What should my 3 or 4 baits be that I throw my arms off with?! Thanks for any help!

post-28014-0-92362800-1491263895_thumb.jpg

I'd throw them all until the Bluegill spawn. Once that happens, stick to the gills as long as they are on the beds. Mimic the Loner weaker gills by running them just outside the main spawning grounds. That works for me usually

Sounds like classic spring time. I cheat a little bit and fish jerkbaits along with soft plastic. I have finally slowed down enough to fish the soft plastics in the spring...So I say use a glide that suspends best and soft plastics you can fish shallow and also one that you can throw like a jig and hit bottom.