Rumor of World Record Largemouth Bass Caught this last Saturday here in Az

YELOSUB

I have been hearing rumors over the last few days and do not have facts but this is the info I have been hearing so I thought I would pass it on...

This past Saturday, someone fishing at Saguaro lake near boat ramp #2 with a shad under a bobber landed a 25 pound 11 ounce LM bass...Supposedly the fish is in the custody of Az Game and Fish and it's weight is being verified...It evidently had a bottle cap and a crankbait in it's belly so they needed to be removed for a true weight...The details of the fish and catch are supposed to be released tomorrow...These are the rumors I have heard...

Edited by YELOSUB

post-28048-0-01376800-1492738665_thumb.jpg everyone deserves a chance...even the live baiters....back in the day 25-30 years past i was known to fish waterdogs  (larval stage of Tiger Salamander) caught serious fish ...nothing DD, but close....

You knew if the record was going to be broken it was going to be broken that way...If it's true, that record will be hard to beat...

I hope not TBH, I would love to see it on a swimbait but at least on conventional gear and not livebait. But its gotta be nice for you AZ guys to know that place can pump out a TANK at any time hahahaha.

What a "Not Allowed". Sucks they killed it

In reality, its generally necessary to kill a fish that's a potential state or world record.  I'm sure it varies from state to state but often you cannot legally transport a live fish.  Also the fish often needs to be autopsied to determine if it has weights in the stomach, etc.  We would all prefer to see that type of fish swim away, but the reality is that it may not have been possible to do that while also trying for the world record.

You knew if the record was going to be broken it was going to be broken that way...

If it really had a crankbait in its belly somebody had a chance to catch that record fish on real tackle and lost it. Poor guy probably telling his buddies about the monster that got away and they're rolling their eyes. Maybe they'll believe him now.