ABS 250 Conversion.......uh oh

Campobassmaster

OK, so I got a killer deal on a deps lot and it had an SK in it and i figured I'd mess with it and try to make it a slide swimmer. 

Well, after watching Don's awesome video on how to convert a SK->SS I realized that the tail weight isn't the same in the ABS as an OG......... 

So, I came to figure out the tail weight is INSIDE the ABS mold.... Any suggestions as to what to do? 

---I was thinking go with some tungsten puddy or something and fill in that "half weight" thing in the front weight slot on the belly. 

Has anyone else done something similar?

This is theoretical at best, since I don't have any new SK's, but I have converted old ones.

If you can't remove the rear weight, you'll have to balance the front half of the bait to a similar density as the rear section, if not slightly more dense. I would add putty, make some casts, and tweak as needed. If there are two weight cavities in the front section, add to the furthest forward.

you'll probably have to add to the front cavity and in the lip section

Thats what I thought.

I know you don't pour new style weights like you told me, but do they make belly conversion weights I can buy? 

Or just use tungsten putty?    My dremel can't get all of the bill out of the bait. :/

Cut the lip out and buy one of the lip weights they sell. Then don't give up, keep it and don't sell it.

Definitely not selling it, gonna be a project.    If I really can't somehow tune it, I'm gonna take a drill, take the weight out, and try to epoxy back over it, or something like that.  Definitely gonna be fun. If that doesn't work I'll probably cut it and make a 3 piece deps hahahaha