Big rat/frog hybrid

Mountainryan

Hey guys, this bait is a spinoff from the not your average rat project. This guy is 5.5 inches in the body total of 13. It's made of silicone not plastisol so it's very durable. The bottom half is solid silicone and the top is a silicone foam which is very light and buoyant. The legs are just a demo but will be skirt material and there will be four. The tail is silicone and should swim like a grub tail. Goal is to reel this through slop like a rat or hollow body frog That's a weighted 10/0 beast for size and what I will probably rig it with. It's colored white with silicone pigment and I have white and black colors right now. I could in theory paint it whatever color though. Any feedback would be rad!

post-29121-0-73943600-1494289720_thumb.jpg

post-29121-0-15778600-1494289754_thumb.jpg

post-29121-0-27285400-1494289880_thumb.jpg

Personally, I like where this is headed. A lot. If I were to offer feedback, as requested, I might suggest a more uniform body/tail dimension of roughly 1/1. That being 5.5/5.5 in this instance. Not a big deal, more to promote central target is all. If you could manage a tail sink rate on pause in rough unison with skirt material legs would be wicked. No way this doesn't get bit though. Looking good!!

Thanks for the feedback, was thinking of a shorter fatter tail but it's hard to mold and I didn't want a salad spoon at the end. I'm making a few and tossin g em at some

Local SU guys northeast_trev Derek. Wee will see if they eat.

Got out with trev and Derek this morning. Skunk city but I tried this bait. Walks really cool and on a straight retrieve the tail looks pretty frantic. Got some good feedback though. 1: probably too big for a single weedless style hook. Fish has to choke this thing and that's not easy. 2: doesn't need a weighted hook. It tries to dive so I can reduce the silicon and pour mostly foam. The smooth-on soma foama is throng enough to hold the owner screwlock. Might have to make a whole new mold but it's still a cool idea that I will keep working.