A question about the black market...

bryanmc

I think prevailing rates could be interesting, but that would require honest reporting by sellers asking to PM offers, and a neutral party collecting the data. That's some real time dedication.

Plus, the market is in flux constantly. Mickey announced a store front that would have hard baits available, lots of 316s pop up for sale and prices steadily dropping on some items. Hinkle trouts were basically no less than $400 a few years ago, and they are much less now. Again, availability.

I once paid $400 for a HPH that I threw once and immediately knew would collect dust. Sold it for $425. Months later, they were going for under $250 on here when Randall announced a new run of baits.

I guess what I'm saying is, the black market resembles any other market. Supply and demand drive prices. If you keep an eye out, you score a good deal. But there will always be some items people will ask more than you want to pay for.

I do wonder: anyone who is complaining about paying more for a bait than a seller paid... Are they homeowners? Because I know I'll be selling my house for a profit, and I do some nasty things in here.

Edited by hydrocephalic