A question about the black market...

bryanmc

I think it's people just trying to milk every last penny that they can get. It gives them more negotiation power too. Some guys definitely lie about offers they've "had" to get people to pay higher prices. Definitely frustrating, wish people would just post what they want for it and then say open to offers.

Because they can. It is there bait and can list it for free, $1, $1,000, Hugs, best offer, any one over 18, etc.

Sometimes people do not know the true value of a baits and make offer will help.

I now lately everyone that sells a bait over retail is a flipper or closet flipper. A lot of people assume the seller always paid retail. We all wise this was true sometimes but not really. If you have been at this for a while prices go up and down. When I first started I paid 3-4 times retail for my 3:16 baits, just part of the game. I paid $250 each for a bunch of SS hyper herring, so when I sell them I should only list for $75?

If you want a bait, try to get it for retail, if not pay what you are happy with and get out there and catch some fish.

One thing to keep in mind is, they are only baits, not investments, you will never be able to retire with selling them, unless you have alot of them. Do not over spend when buying baits, and then when a hardship comes up expect to sell and pay for things.

You should be able to cast off every bait you own and your family will still eat that week.

I know I went off a little but people need to only worry about what they can control. Read the SU rules and let's post up some more fish pictures.

Good luck,

Brian

Edited by bassbass

If you post a price, then you are open to all the guys who want to complain or comment about the price or the bait or I can find it here for this much. Anyone can ask whatever they want for their item. If it's pm offers, then it's between you and the seller and not everyone else. I like when sellers post a price but see why some don't. I learned a whole lot about baits and prices while researching baits in the BM and ebay.

I think of these baits as comodities and the market flucuates based on availabilty and consumer demand/hype and sometimes we just have to have a bait and are willing to pay anything to have it.  I don't want to wait, I want it all and I want it now!

Edited by azfisher

If you post a price, then you are open to all the guys who want to complain or comment about the price or the bait or I can find it here for this much.

That's fine and I understand that anyone can list / sell anything for any price they want.  The question was merely why are the offers done by pm?  What's the harm in posting offers so someone knows what the high offer is before they  make an offer? 

That's fine and I understand that anyone can list / sell anything for any price they want.  The question was merely why are the offers done by pm?  What's the harm in posting offers so someone knows what the high offer is before they  make an offer? 

That's an auction, and some guys have sold some stuff that way. 

Honestly...who cares? Doesn't effect your health or general well-being so it shouldn't be that big a deal

Well, it was just a question...  Just strange that a definitive "this is why" answer didn't just flow out.  Lots of ish doesn't affect my general health or well being, what's that got to do with it?

That's an auction, and some guys have sold some stuff that way. 

Offers by pm is an auction too, it's just not out in the open where everybody can see what was actually bid... 

Swole_t comes in with the truth hammer. People can say whatever they want, but the bottom line is to get more money for what they're selling.

How do you get more money through pm offers vs open offers....  Are you suggesting.........   LOL