Favorite 3:16 soft swimbait?

jackwald

There are 2 versions on rising sons, a tophook-optional and regular set up. The regular is more of the higher water column bait and sinks slow and the top hook sinks faster and can be rigged on top. I always prefered the top hook version. There are also 2 sizes available along with a ton of colors

Welcome to the site dude, glad to see you took up the swimbait bug!

I really like the mission fish, as well. As far as 3;16 soft baits go that is the one that has produced the best for me, although the big top hook rising son should get a lot of play for me this year.

Colby

6.5 Rising Son bottom hook, pick your confidence color. That bait is a must for me.

Ditto! :twisted:

I knew you'd agree ;):lol:

Agreed with the rising son, although i'm more keen on the 8". But the rising son in general is my favorite softbait period!

Geoff

Not doubting you at all just a question. What's the difference between the osprey top hook and a rising son? Same type of bait right?

The osprey tournament talon top hook is not the same as the rising son top hook. Two totally different baits. The talon top hook has a single jighook on the back, a internal harness and keel weight. The rising son is a line through bait. Both of them are gems.

Not doubting you at all just a question. What's the difference between the osprey top hook and a rising son? Same type of bait right?

The osprey tournament talon top hook is not the same as the rising son top hook. Two totally different baits. The talon top hook has a single jighook on the back, a internal harness and keel weight. The rising son is a line through bait. Both of them are gems.

+1 I highly suggest you look into both, the Osprey is one of my favorite baits if you wanted to know more about them Jack go ahead and pm me so we can keep the thread on the original topic. There is also a review I did in the "Member Reviews" section that might be worth a read.