in a slump

bassturds

in a slump, need a slump buster.  biggest swimbait fish this year is on 4.11.  need a confidence booster.  im not fishing as much cuz of no car, but even when i did have a car early spring till may, you would think id have at least one good day. 

You're not alone bro. I see people with the same complaint everyday. I also see people slamming them this year. I truly feel that the best thing to do is keep casting. That sounds too simple bit it's true. The people out there having good success are fishing every second they have a chance. Have to work all day, have kids like myself, fish in the middle of the night. You can sleep when you're dead lol

I've been struggling this year too. Have switched to Keitech with the flashy minnow hooks and have been able to stick a lot of dinks, but no hawgs. Have been forcing myself to only throw the big bait recently but the grind has been tough. The weather in my area is a factor I think (more of an excuse). Standing in my yak getting blown in circles while trying to finesse a glide down a deadline has been less than ideal but I'm learning to adapt.

My past experiences have told me the grind will pay off. Just gotta keep chucking

Edited by northeast_trev

the problem is, im second guessing my self on every decision.  should i throw this or that bait. which color of slammer do i throw. which spot do i fish! so many decision but i always feel im not making the right one

I've had very similar issues so far. Been throwing the 3:16 minnow and riding some dinks. My biggest fish this year is probably 3.5, definitely not boosting my confidence haha. I keep questioning myself on what has been different this year than last year. 1 the weather has been much colder and rainy. 2 Water levels were very very low at the end of last season and they are higher than normal now. I could be completely wrong but it's just what I keep telling myself. I'm also having the bait switching problem it's been hard t stick with one when none of them are getting any action.

Premature you are posting around the the time of the postspawn funk....My club performance is the barometer for me. Senko throwers are far ahead with the weird spring we have had.

i cant even tell what stage they are at. hot cold, hot cold, dry then wet. confusing spring for sure. one month its super warm the next super cold 

I've had very similar issues so far. Been throwing the 3:16 minnow and riding some dinks. My biggest fish this year is probably 3.5, definitely not boosting my confidence haha. I keep questioning myself on what has been different this year than last year. 1 the weather has been much colder and rainy. 2 Water levels were very very low at the end of last season and they are higher than normal now. I could be completely wrong but it's just what I keep telling myself. I'm also having the bait switching problem it's been hard t stick with one when none of them are getting any action.

exactly!!!! spot on 

Might not be a very popular slump buster to most here but when I go into a slump I will take only 1 swimsuit rod and maybe 2 baits that fit what conditions should be. I throw them throughout the day only when conditions are right for them and traditional fish the rest of the time. For me, lots of my slumps come when fish are transitioning and going through a seasonal migration. The traditional rigs help me dial in their movements quicker and then after getting their locations dialed in I will start chunking the big stuff exclusively again. Usually takes a couplentrips.with conventional gear but it works for me. Gets my head back in the game by getting some bites on conventional gear and gives me the confidence to start chunking big baits again cuz I know the fish are there.

Might not be a very popular slump buster to most here but when I go into a slump I will take only 1 swimsuit rod and maybe 2 baits that fit what conditions should be. I throw them throughout the day only when conditions are right for them and traditional fish the rest of the time. For me, lots of my slumps come when fish are transitioning and going through a seasonal migration. The traditional rigs help me dial in their movements quicker and then after getting their locations dialed in I will start chunking the big stuff exclusively again. Usually takes a couplentrips.with conventional gear but it works for me. Gets my head back in the game by getting some bites on conventional gear and gives me the confidence to start chunking big baits again cuz I know the fish are there.

yea i usually bring a few rods with me for conventional gear, like frogs, topwaters,jigs, smaller swimbaits