Help me choose a slammer

NEbucketmouth19

Get the nine inch if you already have big bait confidence. Baby bass is by far my favorite all around color. The seven still plays a role for me when the fish are spooky and first move shallow early in the year.

If you can, get both. My 9" single-joint is my #1 goto bait and I'm going to cry for a week when it died or I lose it, because it has literally caught hundreds of fish. My #2 bait is my 7" single joint, which is also going to cause me to wail like a weenie when I lose it - it too has hit triple digits in numbers of fish. Both are in the light rainbow color, though they've lost so much paint I don't think it matters. If you just can swing one, I'd lean towards the 9"; it gets hit by all sizes of bass and has greater drawing and calling power than the 7".

If you get a 7" you're eventually gonna want to get a 9". So just get a 9" seriously.

A single joint perch slammer in the north east does damage.

I have a 7" Slammer. I've used it for countless hours on many many days over the last 5 years. Only caught one bass: a 4.8lb bass in the winter. I have only northern strain bass here and in my country 99% of the people take home all the fish they catch... Lakes have few fish over 2 lbs. Fish over 4lbs are very rare. Portuguese (and european) record is 10.36lb though, but it was caught 25 years ago when there was a lot more fish and big fish in the lakes. I would like to have a 9", but probably would have to fish it for some years to get a bite on it.

My first slammer was a 7 inch. Then I got a 9 and stopped throwing the 7. That being said I did catch a TON of fish on the 7 of all sizes. The 9 will weed out some of the smaller fish sometimes.