Dvl rant for you boaters out there!!!

Tubinferbass

Ok I fish dvl bout 3 to 4 times a week an have been catchin my share of nice swimbait bass. Lately with the spawn thing goin on I have noticed every boat is floatin 10' off shore. Granted if I see a bed I might fish it but theres only 1.5 miles of shore line to fish from your feet an like 20 or more miles were you cant fish from shore. So why in the f##k are these stupid boaters fishing the shore were you can fish from shore . Why in the f##k would you fish the most pressured bass on the lake if you have a boat. An the retards that drive all the way into the coves with there motors blazin n doin donuts to turn around. Imho if I had a boat I sure wouldnt concentrate on the measly 1.5 miles of shore every tom dick n henery are fishin. Im sure theres a million other great places you can fish thats not heavily pressured like the lil shore line I get. I have even had re res roll right on top of my lure n ask if im fishin there wtf......... If your in boat plz use common sense an fish the other 20+ miles of other shore n keep our 1.5 miles off limits. Jus my .02

An I understand there lookin for beds n bass hittin trout. But dfg stocks all over the lake not jus marina an thats not the only place were they bed. Im jus sayin why fish the most pressured fish on the lake if somebodys in a boat. Dv is HUGE.......

An I understand there lookin for beds n bass hittin trout. But dfg stocks all over the lake not jus marina an thats not the only place were they bed. Im jus sayin why fish the most pressured fish on the lake if somebodys in a boat. Dv is HUGE.......

never fished there but i'll tell you out here on the delta sometimes there like 10000 boats on a bank right in franks tract(sea wall) on top of each other and that thing gets HAMMERED year round. Its right by the launch at Russos where almost ALL the tourneys go out of on the delta so it see fisherman everyday. I used to be like look at these clowns! this is all they got!? then at weigh in every check is cashed off that damn bank. It happens in different places throughout the year. Maybe the fish are just stacked on your bank. Is it a bank that faces east or south?

I feel your pain tubin and I respect you guys that grind out those swimbait fish from shore. I will tell you that I know of a few spots, one in particular, that are very producitve areas which are part of the shore fishing area. The structure there is just conducive to holding good fish. Personally, I dont fish the shore areas unless 1. its a weekday and the shore fishermen arent there or 2. There's stripers boiling in the marina, then its game on. ;) If it makes you feel any better, I deal with the same thing from a boat, the tourneys are crawling with douche bags that will roll right up on your spot, troll toward you and then expect you to go around them.

Hey everyone! Newbie to the site here, long time big bait advocate and slinger. I've fished DVL enough to know that some of the guys out there don't know what they are doing and they latch on to someone who does, i.e. follow them around and pound the same area.

If someone "in the know" hits up a school of stockers then the rest who aren't in the know just follow them around. Lots of people who can't (or refuse to learn) find their own fish.

My biggest bass at DVL have come from the spot where they stock on the southwest side of the lake. There's assloads of trout over there when stocked and it's like ringing the dinner bell for the stripers and green bass.

The beauty and lure of DVL's big bass (which is exactly why the OP fishes there) is also a detriment. Gotta take a bit of the bad with the good.

never fished there but i'll tell you out here on the delta sometimes there like 10000 boats on a bank right in franks tract(sea wall) on top of each other and that thing gets HAMMERED year round. Its right by the launch at Russos where almost ALL the tourneys go out of on the delta so it see fisherman everyday. I used to be like look at these clowns! this is all they got!? then at weigh in every check is cashed off that damn bank. It happens in different places throughout the year. Maybe the fish are just stacked on your bank. Is it a bank that faces east or south?

Ceaser,

It don't hurt that all the tournament bass get released at russos either. But franks is a dynamic place and one of the best fisheries in the world that stays that way thanks to the CA delta's constant ebb and flow

dont you no theres no fish on the other side of dv all the fish r in the marina were all the shore fishermen r farmin them the shore guyz have the best spots for fish didnt you no that and the trout only stay in the marina they dont swim anywhere else and they dont stock anywhere else dont you no fish where theres shore guyz at they no where the fish r

I don't know if you're joking, but now that you mention it, I have never seen a trout caught anywhere else than the shore area. I'm going to fish the shore next time. I'm so pissed about my last "trip" to DVL. I may never go on a boat again there. Shore is where its at.

haha darth ya im jokin dfg stocks trout all around that lake where ever theres a road that goes down to the water they stock them there and most the time dfg doesnt say when there stockin only time they say it is when they stock the marina and shore fishin isnt all that i wish i had a boat to get outa the marina area so many more spots where the fish arent pressured just ppl dont think they stock all over they think they only stock the marina (just because you dont see them dont mean there not there)

DFG does drop them in random areas but I think the private stockings go in the marina or so I've always believed... That's the one with the big mt lassens which is why alot of times when you hear about a big trout being caught it's from that area. I've seen the big trout all over the lake too though.

Ceaser,

It don't hurt that all the tournament bass get released at russos either. But franks is a dynamic place and one of the best fisheries in the world that stays that way thanks to the CA delta's constant ebb and flow

yeah but the last two years the fish havnt been there. theve been leaving. This year there in there but what happend to franks in like 06 07... it was sea world out there but since its been almost a ghost town. its like every year one of the lakes(mandaville, mildred, sherman, venice, ect.) is off the hook while the others are just ok. It almost never fails. thats why i love the dirty d. new puzzle every year. the franks tract rof 5 bite is about to go off tho. soon as the water get real real clean... ohhh baby! ive had some tanks follow me up already!

yeah but the last two years the fish havnt been there. theve been leaving. This year there in there but what happend to franks in like 06 07... it was sea world out there but since its been almost a ghost town. its like every year one of the lakes(mandaville, mildred, sherman, venice, ect.) is off the hook while the others are just ok. It almost never fails. thats why i love the dirty d. new puzzle every year. the franks tract rof 5 bite is about to go off tho. soon as the water get real real clean... ohhh baby! ive had some tanks follow me up already!

Yeah I can't wait for my custom 10" slow sink real prey to get here.