Scammer alert - Victor Deppe

Mossypumpkin

14 hours ago, David R said:

I would not necessarily call Victor a scammer. He makes some dope baits but the the whole fish everything has bad communication and makes orders that they can not completely fill in the time period the say. I feel like they are in debt and collect money to to fill previous orders. I have always gotten my product. The bad name that they have that brought on themselves. They are young dudes that just need to figure out he business aspect of running a small business

Spot on. I ordered a few taxi trout both times they were promised way before than I got them and both times he kept saying not much longer ect. But I eventually got the baits. Problem is in my opinion he’s not financially responsible and he needs money for preorders to complete orders and he just keeps putting things off. He’s a terrible business man no question but I don’t think he’s trying to rip anyone off. Just keep in mind if you order anything it will take much longer than he says. 

This kid has proven himself as a ass long ago when he publicly decided to act like a child on here toward another member Rod. Years have passed and people tend to forget if you're an idiot because you now make "dope baits". Not me. Never bought one of his baits and blocked him because I knew this kid just couldn't act like an adult. Sorry to hear that people were scammed or he's just acting terribly irresponsible. Respect other people's time and money like it's your own

Edited by Willluvstafish
Mistaken

19 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

What bait company is his? Just want to put it on my list of people not to give money to. Plenty of good bait makers that are also decent businessmen, my money will make its way to them. 

Fish Everything Baits. Most well known for the taxi trout and Hater. I just sold my only couple of his baits after he was on a page throwing accusations at a group who raised a bunch of money for autistic awareness and donated it to several families and foundations. I wouldn’t fish his baits if he paid me to do it. As stated above....people tend to forget the ones who make a clown of themselves.

14 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Fish Everything Baits. Most well known for the taxi trout and Hater. I just sold my only couple of his baits after he was on a page throwing accusations at a group who raised a bunch of money for autistic awareness and donated it to several families and foundations. I wouldn’t fish his baits if he paid me to do it. As stated above....people tend to forget the ones who make a clown of themselves.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. 

I tend not to stick my neck out for this type b-s but in this case I will. First, I am not going to name names or locations so don't ask. Second, dude has been ousted from more than just one community. Not trying to hate, he may be cool as ice I have no idea, just offering insight in case anyone is on the fence with respect to trust.

Edited by Good Year 71
xx

He says he has aspergers too. Not defending him nor am I bashing. If he indeed does have aspergers, not that it's an excuse but it'll explain some of his behavior 

He did publically apologize about the autism thing too. 

Just trying to add some facts and everyone can decide for themselves. I've personally stayed away from ordering from them directly because of all the stuff I've seen over the months 

1 hour ago, SumoNinja said:

He says he has aspergers too. Not defending him nor am I bashing. If he indeed does have aspergers, not that it's an excuse but it'll explain some of his behavior 

No dog in this fight, and not trying to argue with you whatsoever... But what behavior of his described in the thread is explained by Asperger's syndrome, aside from the avoidance? I admit I may have glossed over some of his better qualities and could be focusing on the fraud aspect of all this.

Not one of the Asperger's patients I worked with when I completed my behavioral health rotation in an autism clinic could handle defrauding multiple people to such an extent without having a total emotional meltdown, and they almost all avoid confrontation to the point of being taken advantage of. That is definitely only my experience and anecdotes don't equate to fact, but I am having a hard time connecting the dots.

Edited by hydrocephalic

56 minutes ago, hydrocephalic said:

No dog in this fight, and not trying to argue with you whatsoever... But what behavior of his described in the thread is explained by Asperger's syndrome, aside from the avoidance? I admit I may have glossed over some of his better qualities and could be focusing on the fraud aspect of all this.

Not one of the Asperger's patients I worked with when I completed my behavioral health rotation in an autism clinic could handle defrauding multiple people to such an extent without having a total emotional meltdown, and they almost all avoid confrontation to the point of being taken advantage of. That is definitely only my experience and anecdotes don't equate to fact, but I am having a hard time connecting the dots.

Youre creating a narrative that isn't there. I'm not connecting his aspergers to fraud. The fraud part has nothing to do with his condition. I don't believe hes setting out to commit fraud. That has more to do with just poor management. But again, assuming he's on the spectrum.....it can totally contribute to his behaviors that people are complaining about. And they are valid complaints

But symptoms of aspergers and autism can cause social difficulties, obsession over specific things, leading to mismanagement of priorities, quick to anger and overwhelmed by anger. Simple emails to check on status of baits can overwhelm or frustrate,......he may say things that comes off harsh, condescending, rude.....without intending to be that way. 

I'm not saying that one with aspergers will commit fraud. I'm just saying that if its true that he has aspergers, I can see why he may behave a certain way where typical developing people like you or I will interpret it as him just being A hole in general. 

I have no professional background, but I have real life experience with autism. My son is autistic and my wife is a board certified behavioral analyst. She works directly with young adults and kids on the spectrum. I've seen victor "act like a douche" and have also seen him really helpful. Bipolar and adhd characteristics are not uncommon with people on the spectrum. 

I don't even know if he does have it, and just because someone is on the spectrum doesnt mean they'll do and act the way he does because the spectrum is very very broad, no 2 people are alike, just display similar characteristics.  If he is on the spectrum I just feel for him, because there are certain etiquette and social things he just doesn't get because he's wired a tad different 

Edited by SumoNinja

4 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

The fraud part has nothing to do with his condition. That has more to do with just poor management. But again, assuming he's on the spectrum.....it can totally contribute to his behaviors. I don't believe he is purposely setting out to scam people. 

But symptoms of aspergers and autism can cause social difficulties, obsession over specific things, leading to mismanagement of priorities, quick to anger and overwhelmed by anger. Simple emails to check on status of baits can overwhelm or frustrate,......he may say things that comes off harsh, condescending, rude.....without intending to be that way. 

I'm not saying that one with aspergers will commit fraud. I'm just saying that if its true that he has aspergers, I can see why he may behave a certain way where typical developing people like you or I will interpret it as him just being A hole in general. 

I have no professional background, but I have real life experience with autism. My son is autistic and my wife is a board certified behavioral analyst. She works directly with young adults and kids on the spectrum. I've seen victor "act like a douche" and have also seen him really helpful. Bipolar and adhd characteristics are not uncommon with people on the spectrum. 

I don't even know if he does have it, and just because someone is on the spectrum doesnt mean they'll do and act the way he does because the spectrum is very very broad, no 2 people are alike, just display similar characteristics.  If he is on the spectrum I just feel for him, because there are certain etiquette and social things he just doesn't get because he's wired a tad different 

Appreciate your response and sharing your experience, and I don't see that we disagree on much, if anything. Good luck to you and your family, brother!

Just now, hydrocephalic said:

Appreciate your response and sharing your experience, and I don't see that we disagree on much, if anything. Good luck to you and your family, brother!

For sure man. You too

I don't have a dog in this fight either. Like I said, based on things I've read, I'd rather just choose not to buy from them directly. 

So I'm neutral.  I totally understand the complaints, they are very valid. I don't believe he is setting out to scam people though. Like others have mentioned, they just have poor business management it seems 

12 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

12 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Like others have mentioned, they just have poor business management it seems 

No doubt, and we've seen that a lot from many bait makers, including some who had some real good reputations at one point and got more interested in suing others than producing their 10" trouts lol.

I was mostly focusing on the original report about the fishing rod never being sent in spite of plenty of communication and excuses. That appears to not have been resolved, but that hasn't been clearly stated and is only an assumption on my behalf.

Edited by hydrocephalic

I ordered a Taxi trout from him on a Sunday and got it that Friday. The bait was awesome and caught some nice fish till I casted it off last weekend.  I too have heard all the stories but the kid never steered me wrong like some other well known bait and rod makers have since I got into this game.

Edited by urbanhick

• 2 years later...

this guy is still scamming, I bought a paperweight in may and still haven't received it. he stopped answering my messages months ago, I've seen so many reviews on Facebook about him not coming through for his customers, it's basically theft. so if there's anybody out there thinking about buying any baits from fisheverything, I would think twice man. his baits aren't cheap so it's a gamble. buy at your own risk

Ironic this gets brought back up. Last week this was posted in a FB group. Yet another guy who bought baits, paid for them and then got ghosted. There were dozens more people in the comments that said the same thing has happened recently. Bought baits, no responses, they get blocked on all platforms. Victor Deppe is a goddamn thief. And here he is going to swimbait shows, selling baits, and getting high fives from the same guys who leave negative feedback here cuz someone won’t trade them an LFOD for hudd….stop supporting sh!tty people!

2632541B-D909-4F76-BF98-AB63D8213394.jpeg