Why the Slammer?

Aconway94

I'm new to swimbaiting in general, this is my first year throwing them. I myself haven't had any luck on the slammer, I bought one, a 7 inch, in hitch I think(close to shad, I don't have trout), and part of my problem I think is confidence, I throw it a little while and then cut it off and tie on a bullshad, I don't kno if I'm putting it in the wrong spots, or the wrong times, I just can't get any action at all on one, I kno they are proven and I want to figure them out and get fish on it, I'm sure once I figure it out I'll get some studs on it, too many people catch to many quality fish on them, maybe the bass in Tennessee just don't want them LOL

I think the fact that it's wood and how much play is in the joint give it a unique sound and action versus your mass produced plastic baits. Get a 9 inch Slammer, throw it around grass, pads, wood, and get bit. Just do it!

And don't worry about Tackle Warehouse if they're out of stock. Keep an eye on the Black Market here. I frequently see 9 inch Slammers going for around $50.

It's a very versatile, proven bait. I'm sure that guys catch fish on other similar baits but most guys aren't going to spend money to find out if a bait produces when there's baits available that someone else has already done the research on.

Well said. The Slammer simply catches lots of big bass and it isn't overpriced like a lot of swimbaits in the market. 

i love the history of these baits, the difference between baits! the fact that no 2 baits are the same is so awesome, that helps me justify buying more and more of them! they flat out catch fish!  2 baits same month one can be  a bait that is better slow waked the other could be cranked, one may have a different knock to it, one could crush it when its calm the other awesome when theres a chop.  you just never know what you are getting but you do know it will get CHEWED!!!!!  love the fact that  you need to figure out which slammer produces better in what conditions.   plus theres so many different colors and styles, plus custom paints are awesome on these baits to, can make these baits match your hatch perfectly!   Mike puts alot of time in these baits. love that they are handmade to! the slammer is the reason behind my swimbait addiction.  also the reason why im Broke AF. i started last year tossing big baits and have 20 ish slammers 

My thoughts on what makes the slammer special:

-it can catch fish year round, nationwide. If the water isn't frozen then game on

-price is amazing for a quality bait made by a one man show in the USA

-Mike Shaw is absolutely legit and from my experience seems like a genuinely nice guy. He responds to messages, is always helpful, and there is no BS or game playing with him. Wish this was the case for all bait makers

Edited by evilcatfish

It’s a proven bait, stop making excuses about why not to get one (Too expensive, etc) and find a way to get one! Tackle Warehouse was mentioned, EBay, Swimbait City, local tackle shops.... there has to be a way. They are proven and catch fish! And to the guy who keeps cutting the bait off, try going to the lake with just a Slammer.... I know that some people just have a hard time fishing top water baits, but fish will come up out of deep water to hit them. Just don’t give up on the bait. There’s a reason there are a lot like it on the market...

Always thought the slammers were ugly and awkward until I picked one up this summer and this happened.

Like others have said, don't know exactly why it works so good, but they work and you need to get one.

fuggin tank!