Spiralite reviews wanted!

hroth33

On 11/3/2019 at 10:54 AM, Loganodum38 said:

Snapped on a light lob cast with a bait 4.5 ounces under what is listed as max rating, and not even near what the rod is realistically capable of throwing 

Man, that's a real bummer. I hope that Spiralite makes things right for you. 

Was supposed to hear back the next day......crickets 

*update*

while I agree I have used it for a year, a rod break like that definitely is not my fault. Especially with a bait that light (compared to the rods weight range) and on a light lib cast at a dock. It generous of them to offer the courtesy of 40% off an additional rod.

EDEE7D57-C204-4004-9DBC-F8A85AEFE876.png

00BBAE19-F5AA-4D81-943D-F99D31C5DEC8.png

Edited by Loganodum38

While this really sucks I have to agree with Spiralite's assessment of what happened.  For a rod to break in that spot under light load there almost HAD to have been some prior recent damage to that spot causing the eventual failure.  This is only further backed up by the fact you've had the rod for a year and thrown baits without this happening prior.  Anybody else fishing with you recently that may have stepped on it etc.?.....

For a little background we work with high stress graphite in my job similar to whats used in high end rods.  If there's a defect it will fail the first time its under load, every time.  If you've given that rod even moderate use over the last year it wouldn't have made it this far without failure if it came from the factory that way.  Sorry this happened and hope you get it worked out. Sounds like the company is at least trying to work with you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, Loganodum38 said:

Was supposed to hear back the next day......crickets 

*update*

while I agree I have used it for a year, a rod break like that definitely is not my fault. Especially with a bait that light (compared to the rods weight range) and on a light lib cast at a dock. It generous of them to offer the courtesy of 40% off an additional rod.

EDEE7D57-C204-4004-9DBC-F8A85AEFE876.png

00BBAE19-F5AA-4D81-943D-F99D31C5DEC8.png

Any update? 

3 hours ago, Stephenk said:

Any update? 

got fed up with it and ordered another dobyns, 867. the company is on a fall from what i understand and i wasnt happy with the situation and didnt want to have to pay for another spiralite when im going to be in the same boat when the next rod breaks (or the reel seat is messed up) or whatever the next issue is. would rather just get another dobyns where the customer service is great, and i could get a better deal on better rods.  

3 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

got fed up with it and ordered another dobyns, 867. the company is on a fall from what i understand and i wasnt happy with the situation and didnt want to have to pay for another spiralite when im going to be in the same boat when the next rod breaks (or the reel seat is messed up) or whatever the next issue is. would rather just get another dobyns where the customer service is great, and i could get a better deal on better rods.  

Smart move man can’t go wrong with Doybns . Thanks 

• 2 months later...

I purchased a Maverick 8’0” MH at the Sac Sportsman Show.  Took it home, attached new Lexa 300 WN and on the first test of the rod bend “snap” it broke.  Soon after I read this post and was not very optimistic about getting help.  But, I was wrong Spiralite was awesome, replaced my rod quickly and upgraded me to a Rouge 8’3” MH.  The Rouge is amazing.  Throws 8” Hudds, 9” Slammers and 8” BBZ’s with ease.  I love my Spiralite Rod.

46 minutes ago, MB227 said:

I purchased a Maverick 8’0” MH at the Sac Sportsman Show.  Took it home, attached new Lexa 300 WN and on the first test of the rod bend “snap” it broke.  Soon after I read this post and was not very optimistic about getting help.  But, I was wrong Spiralite was awesome, replaced my rod quickly and upgraded me to a Rouge 8’3” MH.  The Rouge is amazing.  Throws 8” Hudds, 9” Slammers and 8” BBZ’s with ease.  I love my Spiralite Rod.

They also made right by me , glad to hear there making a change for the better 

• 1 month later...