Shimano Tranx 300A for 1-4oz swimbait rod

PRZ93

Hey all -

First post here after reading through countless threads about swimbait rods and reels - tons of great information. I decided on the 2018 St. Croix Legend Tournament Bass 7'10" H/F which is rated for 1-4oz baits. I plan to throw an assortment of jig-hook baits as well as small to mid-size treble-hook baits (mainly glides, including my own handcrafts from 4ish to 1oz like this one).

I'm wondering if the Shimano Tranx 300A (5.8:1, 30" IPT) is a good choice to pair with this rod and the 'smaller' baits I may throw on it. The SuperDuty Wide Spool, Tatula HD, and Lexa 300 HD have all caught my attention as well, but I can get my hands on a new Tranx for about $80 under retail.

Thanks for any help. 

I have a TRanx 301 mounted on a Dobyn's 795 spooled with 20 lb Florocarbon that I used last summer to throw hardbaits in the 2-4 oz range and it has performed very well for me . That said I have not thrown any light lures in the 1 oz range with this combo so I have no idea how it would perform with lighter baits. 

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm going to stick with the Tranx.

Love my Lew's, was going to pull the trigger on the SD Wide Spool until I realized I could pick up the Shimano at such a great price. I'm sure it'll huck the smaller baits just fine after reading up a bit more. Can't wait!