Swimbait Mods

boomah21

Im not sure how tight lip people are about all these but I would love to hear some dialogue around what swimbait mods you guys all make and more important to me at least is why?

I do some real basic mods like lip removal on a few baits. The bait I have had the best of luck doing this with is one of my BAA. It gave me a real erratic action and can glide off to the side at a quick snap of the rod....can go off around 1 foot and a half.

Pretty basic but I also really enjoy painting baits. (not really much of a mod) but allows me to get colors no one else really has.

Then last I have played around with weighting baits differently making floaters into baits that suspend.

So lets hear it

• 3 years later...
This isn't a "how I did it" but a how do I?

I want to rig a top treble on a ROF 5 hudd. I don't have steel leader material, could get some, but do have some 65lb braid. Anyone got a recommended procedure?

Unless Colby covered it, I have a great substitute mod that I actually prefer to steal leader. Plus I'm a physicist/engineer ;)8-) PM me if interested