If you think you are contributing to this site...

justing66

While I agree post count means nothing. I really disagree that people here just say things for the sake of saying them, like intentionally steering someone wrong dur to their own lack of knowledge, especially in a manner to simply raise their post count.

This post was not directed to the entire underground, really to a specific few. This was only the real way to call them out on it, but in a non direct manner to keep this post alive. Hopefully they read it and understand.

Unfortunately, while maybe unintentionally, there are those that are steering some in the wrong direction. They might not realize it, because they fail to see the impact it has. If I had no personal experience with a technique, why would I be telling others that if they were to use that technique they will catch fish? What would I have to show for it? There are plenty of great guys on here that actually catch a good amount of fish and share their information. Maybe not gps coordinates, but general ideas on what works for them. That to me is what those asking the questions seek. People should want to learn from someone that is doing something right and can prove that, instead of someone that watched him do something right and can relay information.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your only as credible as the fish you are catching. If you never post up a pic, how can you prove YOUR credibility. Lots of long time members here, and only a handfull regularly putting up some fish. At least some of the newbies are trying! Lets see some fish!!

Threads like this can be just as much clutter as any...

If I had no personal experience with a technique, why would I be telling others that if they were to use that technique they will catch fish? What would I have to show for it?

I agree^........posting photos means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It just shows that you have a fish in your hands.......we have heard the stories about the guy(s) who followed the shock truck or paid to be photographed with someone elses fish.....means nothing.

I agree^........posting photos means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It just shows that you have a fish in your hands.......we have heard the stories about the guy(s) who followed the shock truck or paid to be photographed with someone elses fish.....means nothing.

No, you missed my point. Posting pics IS important imho. There really can't be that many losers that go out of their way to get a pic that is not their own, unless the are trying to sell something!!

The pot is calling the kettle black, if they themselves are not making positive contributions to the site.

The only people I am going to listen to, are the ones who post up some pics at least once in a while! That way at least you know they have some skills!

Put up or shut up!!! :lol:

No, you missed my point. Posting pics IS important imho. There really can't be that many losers that go out of their way to get a pic that is not their own, unless the are trying to sell something!!

The pot is calling the kettle black, if they themselves are not making positive contributions to the site.

The only people I am going to listen to, are the ones who post up some pics at least once in a while! That way at least you know they have some skills!

I argree postin at least on or two pics once in a while would instill confidence in someones advice. I never was a pic taker but I had to snap some once I started posting here! :lol::lol: lots of really good info on here. I like hearing the perspective of different parts of the country.

Just because I disagree with your opinion, does not mean I missed your point. I think it is kind of silly to judge someone based on a picture of a fish they caught. I'm pretty sure not everyone feels the need to post photos or tell everyone how they are doing out there to validate that they have something important to say. I am positive that is not a qualification that directly corelates with the importance of what one says on the board , their opinion or the skill one possesses. If you choose to only take into account the opinons of only people who do post photos, I think you are selling yourself short, both on limiting who you listen to and the fact that someone can just as easily mislead others with a photo as without. Not saying that this is the norm but I do know it has been brought up several times recently so it does happen.

I also think it is kind of disrespectful that you've already implied someone's word/opinion/experience holds no weight if they don't post photos. I think that is ponderous and an elitist mentality. Why do they need to impress you?

I know many people on this site that I respect as people and because they have intelligent things to say regarding fishing, not that they post photos up. I like seeing photos but I don't judge people who don't post them.

I also think it is kind of disrespectful that you've already implied someone's word/opinion/experience holds no weight if they don't post photos. I think that is ponderous and an elitist mentality. Why do they need to impress you?

:lol: Don't take it personal! Since you are relatively new, you may have missed that this site was founded with a "put up or shut up" mentality. Unfortunately that has kind of gone by the wayside. The point was, that people who were posting on here were at least going out and doing some fishing and knew what they were talking about, and had some evidence to back it up. Hopefully, so that this site didn't just turn into a "chat" room. It is not about "impressing" me. You have 271 post's in 3 months, yet we know nothing about you or your swimbait success. Good writers aren't always great fisherman.

My main point was Justin was blasting someone, and I was just poking at him because he wasn't really contributing lately either. I am sure he is a great fisherman, his history on the swimbait forums is long, but it is nice to know that someone can talk and walk.

No offense intended...

:lol: Don't take it personal! No offense intended...

This is not about me, the need to be recognized is not important to me. I don't take anything anyone says to heart on the internet. While I appreciate your keen eye for good writing, my initial point was that I am sure a lot of guys will look at this thread and think twice about posting or be initimidated to post because they may feel they don't stack up or that some people may think they have no right to post because they don't "walk the walk".

I'd value a detailed report about how a guy went out, any guy......new jack or experienced swimbaiter......addressed a situation and overcame it, over looking at a photo that is blurred out or a generic report that gives little detail because the poster doesn't want someone fishing his spot. I don't see how a blurred or altered photo is anything more than bragging. If a guy doesn't want someone knowing where he is fishing, why would one expect that anything he says about the fish/report is anything other than deception? Which illustrates my own thinking, while I certainly have no problem sharing info, I don't want to see pressure increase where I fish. I don't have an issue like some of you guys do with crowded water. I know nobody is doing what am doing on my local waters. I'm selfish in that sense and I would like it to stay that way. I think we all think the same way regarding that.

And, just because I've been registered under this current name does not mean I haven't been around here for a lot longer. ;)

No offense taken btw.

If you never post up a pic, how can you prove YOUR credibility.

I have no need and no desire to 'prove' anything to anyone here.

I rarely post pics because I rarely take them. Unless a fish is a new PB or there was something really unusual/memorable about how I caught it, why would I take a picture? I was there, I know I caught it. If someone on a forum doesn't believe me, I couldn't even pretend to give a f*ck. I'm not saying that to be belligerent or to criticize those of you who enjoy taking pictures of the fish you catch, it's just the truth. I have done things in my life that most people can only dream about; proving I caught a particular fish is so trivial in comparison that it's laughable. I post here to share what I have learned (or what I think I have learned); if you chose not to believe it, that's your loss.

If you never post up a pic, how can you prove YOUR credibility.

I have no need and no desire to 'prove' anything to anyone here.

I rarely post pics because I rarely take them. Unless a fish is a new PB or there was something really unusual/memorable about how I caught it, why would I take a picture? I was there, I know I caught it. If someone on a forum doesn't believe me, I couldn't even pretend to give a f*ck. I'm not saying that to be belligerent or to criticize those of you who enjoy taking pictures of the fish you catch, it's just the truth. I have done things in my life that most people can only dream about; proving I caught a particular fish is so trivial in comparison that it's laughable. I post here to share what I have learned (or what I think I have learned); if you chose not to believe it, that's your loss.

Bigworm! You have 2 post in the Got'em section. What r u talking about. "CMON MAN get the hell out of here with that ish. :lol:

I'm starting to think this could have been addressed in a pm. I for one really enjoy seeing pictures, but just because I see someone post up fish caught on a certain bait, I don't just run out and buy one. The bait they used may not apply to the waters I fish, forage in the lakes etc. Forums are great because you can gather information you need and ignore that in which you don't. Still I agree, less talk more rock, I'll be throwing hudds on clear lake this weekend. Yay!

I'm starting to think this could have been addressed in a pm. I for one really enjoy seeing pictures, but just because I see someone post up fish caught on a certain bait, I don't just run out and buy one. The bait they used may not apply to the waters I fish, forage in the lakes etc. Forums are great because you can gather information you need and ignore that in which you don't. Still I agree, less talk more rock, I'll be throwing hudds on clear lake this weekend. Yay!

Ditto. I'll be chuckin Hudds at Castaic. ;)