If you think you are contributing to this site...

justing66

ever had a crawfish/shrimp taco?

My restaurant serves an awesome shrimp taco. Been thinking about adding a crawfish taco. My favorite is actually our veggie taco -- but I have the cooks add steak to it. : )

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it makes sense that someone should be shown to be 'competent' before writing from a perspective of giving advice. You don't have to be the best but you should be held to the burden of proof that you actually catch fish. The only way to establish that competence is through proof of catching. Pictures, videos or eyewiteness accounts. I notice that most guys that catch a lot....show a lot. You can choose not to but other than protecting specific spots or bites why wouldn't you want to share the prize? The point of swimbaiting is catching better than average fish and possibly true trophy fish right? I don't subscribe to this elitist mentality that only teen fish or high teen fish are worthy. I see Butch posting almost everyday at times and they aren't all monsters. Does that take away from his credibility as a trophy hunter? I don't think so. It shows that he's out grinding and grinding. Lets be real...unless your bed fishing you have no direct control over the size of fish that grabs your lure. A two pounder will eat your 8" Hudd just the same as a 20lber.

To summarize my two points: Yes, you should post pictures at least occasionally if you want to be in a position of credibility when it comes to giving advice. On the flipside, guys that have experience with big fish and lots of expertise should contribute and not play the "too cool for school" game. Noones gotta it mastered and there's always someone out there as good or better than you are. I belong to forums such as this to share and get motivation and to stay current with new ideas and approaches.

I personally don't care that guys might have a negative opinion that I have a high post count because I know at the end of the day I make an honest effort to contribute. If you never post there's no point in belonging to a forum. It should be interactive...

You don't have to be the best of the best you just have to be in the game.

JK

I think that it makes sense that someone should be shown to be 'competent' before writing from a perspective of giving advice. You don't have to be the best but you should be held to the burden of proof that you actually catch fish. The only way to establish that competence is through proof of catching. Pictures, videos or eyewiteness accounts. I notice that most guys that catch a lot....show a lot. You can choose not to but other than protecting specific spots or bites why wouldn't you want to share the prize? The point of swimbaiting is catching better than average fish and possibly true trophy fish right? I don't subscribe to this elitist mentality that only teen fish or high teen fish are worthy. I see Butch posting almost everyday at times and they aren't all monsters. Does that take away from his credibility as a trophy hunter? I don't think so. It shows that he's out grinding and grinding. Lets be real...unless your bed fishing you have no direct control over the size of fish that grabs your lure. A two pounder will eat your 8" Hudd just the same as a 20lber.

To summarize my two points: Yes, you should post pictures at least occasionally if you want to be in a position of credibility when it comes to giving advice. On the flipside, guys that have experience with big fish and lots of expertise should contribute and not play the "too cool for school" game. Noones gotta it mastered and there's always someone out there as good or better than you are. I belong to forums such as this to share and get motivation and to stay current with new ideas and approaches.

I personally don't care that guys might have a negative opinion that I have a high post count because I know at the end of the day I make an honest effort to contribute. If you never post there's no point in belonging to a forum. It should be interactive...

JK

I think you're one of the very few people that got the point. Like the way you worded the response. I think anyone that's been around for a while knows you put up.

JK

This^^^end of discussion.

JK

True. But you would think that after all of that you would at least have posted one picture of a bass!! Stripers don't count!

Don't forget the "got 'em" section isn't the only place to post pics...

JK

True. But you would think that after all of that you would at least have posted one picture of a bass!! Stripers don't count!

Don't forget the "got 'em" section isn't the only place to post pics...

Again, end of discussion. You've been served. Now take a seat! Stripers don't count. Your a fool. Don't hate cuz you don't have one to show..hater :lol:

I like tacos and beer on a cold night

fvckin A, Rock :lol:

they're good on hot nights too. ever had a crawfish/shrimp taco?

Come on Rook, im from southeast Louisiana! Bro we put shrimp and crawfish on donuts down here! :lol:

crawdad-skcrimp po-boy?

It is not hard to figure out whose posts you should pay the most attention to.

Theres alot of young guys on here that post alot. so what. You act like this is some sacrosanct discussion on here. Its a fishing forum.

get off your high horse and relax. I hope I quit before I get so captious and judgemental about FISHING.

It is not hard to figure out whose posts you should pay the most attention to.

Theres alot of young guys on here that post alot. so what. You act like this is some sacrosanct discussion on here. Its a fishing forum.

get off your high horse and relax. I hope I quit before I get so captious and judgemental about FISHING.

Anyone who thinks bass fishing is just bass fishing or it's just a fish, well it's not.

It's MUCH more then that these days. I mean how much is spent each year to catch them? How many go out each weekend or every chance they get to catch them? How many company's sell something to catch them? How many of these people want to get a big fish?

I'm paying a lot of money to have a nice boat and some nice gear to catch them. I don't pay this much to play softball, bowling,skateboarding, surfing, armwrestling, golf you name it. I have never spent so much money on anything I have done for fun or sport then bass fishing.

Again. It's not just fishing, it's not just a fish. It's much more. ;)