If you could only have one bait for a year...

MaineBassin

I’d have to pick the jig. I get bit on it year round and it’s a rush/ challenge trying to detect the light bites. Then reeling in slack and setting the hook with all my might. I love pitching it to specific spots and fighting big bass out of nasty cover. It’s really comparable to a weedless soft plastic swimbait.

I guess from your user name you live in Maine. Then consider big wakebaits such as MS Slammer and AC Plug Minnow (the mid-size one is deadly on both largemouth and smallmouth in Québec). My brother lives in Maine and fishing Under the same conditions as we have here in Canada.

Have fun experimenting this year! So will I with a few new swimbaits in my arsenal...

• 2 weeks later...

Being l". Also, those saying hudd ROF 12, do you fish deep all year? I would think it would be tough fishing that up shallow. Keep them coming guys.

I can't handle the pressure of rof 5 and 0. Too much eye contact with the fish lol...but yes rof 12 works shallow because the idea is u use it as a jig.