Baitsanity Explorer glide

Loganodum38

great to hear. i cannot wait to try mine out. Still iced over here in Maine. Did you switch out the stock hooks? they feel plenty sticky to me. What is the ROF like on it? Are you fishing this mostly in upper water column? Counting it down?

i have had no problem on stock hardware, no need to change IMO, not sure on exact ROF but i can say its faster than an s waver but i generally fish in 10ft or less, have had no problems, and i disagree with some guys saying "it sinks way too fast"

i have had no problem on stock hardware, no need to change IMO, not sure on exact ROF but i can say its faster than an s waver but i generally fish in 10ft or less, have had no problems, and i disagree with some guys saying "it sinks way too fast"

cant wait to try this out. it is BY FAR the largest swimbait i have fished (previous will be keitech 5.8). I greatly appreciate all of your feedback. I fish out of a kayak (sit down), so visibility can be a challenge to be able to see how each reel turn and rod twitch affects the bait. I also have never fished a glide bait before either. Im going to try to find some shore spots to get some feel for retrieve and bait behavior before i go out in the kayak. 

threw mine for about 30 mins from the kayak today (standing mostly) no fish but water temps are in the low 40's so didn't expect much

bait does have a wide glide then stall, very easy to control with just the reel. Was also able to get some great action with downward rod pumps. Like some have said, it sinks a bit fast for me. Going to change out the hooks to see what happens

threw mine for about 30 mins from the kayak today (standing mostly) no fish but water temps are in the low 40's so didn't expect much

bait does have a wide glide then stall, very easy to control with just the reel. Was also able to get some great action with downward rod pumps. Like some have said, it sinks a bit fast for me. Going to change out the hooks to see what happens

kind of off topic but branching off of what you mentioned, this is no where near a staple rule of fishing but my time and hundreds of outings fishing, i find my magic glidebait temp is 40. in my experince once it hits that magic number of 40 degrees i will throw a glide, but for some reason at 39 i wont throw it because its like the bite dies.

I threw this bait around for a couple hours in a heavily stocked lake. Lots of my casts would draw in little schools of trout. I thought that was cool. I haven’t hooked anything on it yet but watching an 8#er follow this bait to my feet was promising. It has a wide glide on a slow n steady wind. With a quick handle turn and rod sweep this bait 360s. I’m happy w my purchase so far.

After 67 fish on the bait it finally happened, the tail came out of slot. Does that make it a bad bait in my opinion? No. I'm lucky to get 15 MAYBE 20 fish on a Hudd, does that make hudds bad? Not at all. Here's some pics to show how the bait is holding up. Still love this thing

post-30941-0-67110900-1522880371_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-72755800-1522880381_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-15251300-1522880406_thumb.jpg

Was it from a tail biter? Or come off from a thrashing fish hooked up?

Curious if baitsanity will help you out

she inhaled it from the tail end like fish like to do a hudd, not usual for a glide fish. not sure exactly how it came off.  took me about 5 min to get the back treble out of her throat and gill, and it was a 3.5lber so with that size bait almost completely in her mouth, i had very little room to get it out even with pliers. who knows maybe she swallowed the tail lol

There is an audible click when the tail is seated. Tackle Warehouse has plenty of both soft tails. I feel the ROF on mine are a bit fast. I'm fishing water that's usually 10-12 feet though. I have put some 1/0 Round Bends on there that are a little bit lighter. Didn't make to much of a difference. I really do like the swim on these as well.