2 Hook Trebles

JoshPerkins802

I posted a link in the garage bait section of double hooks from gamy that are not frog hooks and are standard length.  If your interested and cant find the link i can do some digging. 

http://www.gamakatsu.com/fishing-hooks.php?pid=1023

Found it

Edited by Angryjohn

My theory is they cause less hook rash (some people like it, i do not) better for the fish, and lets your hooks run closer to you bait helping from snagging weeds and possibly a little easier to get in the mouth. Just my theory, everyone has their own.

whats the advantage to these hooks? I dont get it...

The guy from studio composite has a blog where he talks about it. He actually bends barbless single hooks so they don't just lay together. Then shrink wraps them. Translated from Japanese so it's a little all over the place. I assume stronger than a treble because if it torques the shrink wrap breaks first. Big emphasis on barbless hooks and catch and release. Also he got a treble in the face is another reason why he doesn't use them. He's also fishing for bigger fish though. If you look at rapala inshore stuff it all has single hooks on it. No change in hook up ratio in my experience for salt. Fresh water is a different game though. Those fish aren't getting a whole bait in their mouths like salt.