$580 down the drain

Andrewwang1769

Was planning to do some SB fishing on my trip to florida. The airline didnt allow me to bring the rods on the plane since they were too long so i decided to ship them UPS ground. I picked the rods up today to find out that my champion 867 and my fury 795 were completely broken in half. This is absolutely outrageous as i paid $180 for the shipping. If anybody has experience with dobyns warranty, please lmk.post-32596-0-45367100-1521677392_thumb.jpegpost-32596-0-48719700-1521677414_thumb.jpeg

I already called UPS and they said i had to file a claim and they would review it. They said it could take weeks.

i would stick that out, better then losing the $$. You can get new ones though, i believe that champions are 70 bucks for a replacement and furys are like 50-60. Could definitely be wrong on the numbers tho.

Trust me those tacklewarehouse tubes are no joke. They had to try and break them practically.

Thats what i thought. The tube looked like someone took a chainsaw and cut through it and taped it back up. Weird part is, I had two other conventional rods in the tube and there was not a single scratch on them. 

This sucks to see. If you provide proper documentation UPS should refund you the cost of both the rods and shipping. Also, $180 seems a little high to ship in the first place, I know prices have gone up for oversize packages but god damn!

Here's a link to the Dobyns replacement/warranty page. $50 on the Fury, and $70 on the Champ plus shipping. Not bad but its still some BS it happened in the first place, especially their little coverup/tape job.

http://dobynsrods.com/warranty/

When filing the claim do not provide them the replacement receipt from dobyns.  Get quotes from tackle warehouse on new rods.  On a side note some places let you upgrade when you ship them in and this might be a good opportunity. 

Thats what i thought. The tube looked like someone took a chainsaw and cut through it and taped it back up. Weird part is, I had two other conventional rods in the tube and there was not a single scratch on them. 

Sounds like somebody with UPS was a little salty about you being in the swimbait game.

i would stick that out, better then losing the $$. You can get new ones though, i believe that champions are 70 bucks for a replacement and furys are like 50-60. Could definitely be wrong on the numbers tho.

Wait and see what USPS does... They cracked my 3 year old transducer and I paid for insurance.  All I had to do was submit pictures of damage and a link for a new transducer...USPS sent check for new transducer and I used the funds to upgrade to a brand new HD transducer

They may provide you with funds for new poles if you can wait it out.  Want to say it took between 2-3 weeks