Bassmaster Classic and Swimsuit Chuckers

Ceaser

Headed out to South Carolina this past week to work the booth for myself (Toxic Baits) and Spiralite Rods. What an amazing event, besides the tounament, the Classic Expo is a sight to behold. HUGE place with every vendor you could imagine. Boats, motors, every product booth, carhartt had people sewing on patches and making clothing right there in the booth, Basscat had their new Lynx vertical for display, like I said it was a spectacle. If you have a chance to attend one i suggest not missing. 

So on to the fishing. I flew out to meet my boy Travis Evans, we have fished together yearly for a while now. The cool part is we wouldnt have met if it wasnt for Underground. I can say that with alot of friends I have made in fishing over the years. I sent out some of my Spiraites to Travis early so that I wouldnt have to fly with them. Luckily we make 8'3 and 8'6 rods that are telescopic so shipping isnt a million dollars. I also sent some 7'6 flipping sticks to throw my smaller wake n crank herring immitating baits on. We hit the water Monday with snow falling and air temps aroung 30. This CA boy was freezing haha. Water temp had dropped  a bunch and we were dealing with post front conditions. Well, Travis is a freaking stud and went straight to work! He did all the catching this day, Toxic baits and Spiralite getting the job done!

post-18401-0-94221400-1521724368_thumb.jpg

Day two was a cold BLANK!! but we were determined. About 2am in the morning... Travis looks at me after we plowed through umpteen beers and makes a last minute call to hit a different lake for the 3rd and final day. It was the right call, we could only get one to commit to my Wake N Crank glide but we had a chance at over a 30lb limit... in 42 degree water, did I mention this guy is a stud! haha Air temps were cold AF but we had a great time. Only got this one to stick, weighed at 5-02. Ill take it!

post-18401-0-61418600-1521724635_thumb.jpg

post-18401-0-62284400-1521724656_thumb.jpg

Then it was off to the BassMaster Classic and time to work. Travis came out and worked the booth with us all weekend too, did a killer job and was able to give his honest opinion of what spiralite had to offer. None of this could of happened if we didnt link up back in the day through Swimbait Underground! Going fulltime with baits my activity here has dwindled but im going to make sure i stay on here and contribute like i should, Thanks SU!

Sounds like a badass session. Saw all the pics on instgram and damn, thats seems like an event every fisherman should experience.

heck yeah man, definitely is a place to visit. Just take your pocketbook cuz theres alot of cool stuff to buy! haha

It was great to meet you. It’s refreshing to talk to a swimbait guy since the east coast isn’t known for a ton of them

highs in the low 40s. I even wore gloves for the first time ever, weird. Im gonna off the glides in small numbers.. but not sure how they will be recieved. They dont really swim super nice on the steady grind, they are ment to be easily manipulated by the angler and by the way people talk negatively about the iSlide, im sure they will trash on mine too. But thats how the cookie crumbles,  they do work ok though...

highs in the low 40s. I even wore gloves for the first time ever, weird. Im gonna off the glides in small numbers.. but not sure how they will be recieved. They dont really swim super nice on the steady grind, they are ment to be easily manipulated by the angler and by the way people talk negatively about the iSlide, im sure they will trash on mine too. But thats how the cookie crumbles,  they do work ok though...

Well whenever they’re ready, I’m down to give one a shot.