Followers

azfisher

Not the kind of followers I was looking for.  It was one of those days, two more drive-bys without the Go-Pro on.  I had just moved away from the first group in the video, from the point where my boat is pointing, where they pulled up 20 feet in front of me to have Kayak "Lessons".  So I moved to the point I'm fishing in the video and turn on the camera's and here they come again.  I guess they wanted a good look at a Baitsmith.  I have NO problem sharing the water, but DAMN !.......and not a F'n bite!

https://youtu.be/OBk2xMJd_AU

• 2 weeks later...

The little girl in the boat that came in from the left had been drinking a berry flavored juice box, I could read the label in the bottom of the kayak, that's how close they were.  I like to keep the air in my boat trailer tires, so you just have to let these type of things go. I never said a word to any of them, just let them have their day on the water and I'll move away again. I save the giant treble baits for frat boys on Jet Skis, LOL!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Man that's waaaaay too close, nothing wrong with politely but firmly asking them to give you some space. Props for not raging at them. My general rule for space is two long cast lengths between fisherman (that way you could both potentially fish in any direction you want without interfering with the other person), and one cast length if the other person is just a pleasure boater passing by. I don't mind kayaks getting a little closer if they are just paddling on by but to hang out so close to you without at least talking to you is pretty rude IMO. 

• 1 month later...