Peacocks and LMB in Fort Lauderdale?

Nolan Aker

I'll be headed to fort lauderdale next week for spring break, and am looking for tips on where to bass fish. I'd love to catch some peacocks, but from what I can tell they're not big on swimbaits so I'd love to get into some largies too. Also, going to try surf fishing so if anyone has tips for a complete novice, that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

There are guys here who are better resources than me, but in addition to the bass, snakehead are a blast on topwater and can be found in basically any of the canals in Ft. Lauderdale. Tarpon are around, too. Have fun out there, I always had a blast fishing there when I was travelling for work.

Lake Ida in Delray has good peacock bass fishing. A lot of the canals west of I-95 have bass,

peacocks and snakeheads. I don't fish the canals so I'm not much help there,but check Google earth to find   

them.Peacocks like the hot part of the day. I've caught them on small glides fished fast and erratic. Poppers,jerkbaits

and devils horse's are more likely to get bit by peacocks. Hope this helps. 

Lake Ida in Delray has good peacock bass fishing. A lot of the canals west of I-95 have bass,

peacocks and snakeheads. I don't fish the canals so I'm not much help there,but check Google earth to find   

them.Peacocks like the hot part of the day. I've caught them on small glides fished fast and erratic. Poppers,jerkbaits

and devils horse's are more likely to get bit by peacocks. Hope this helps.

I just fished Ida and only got LM, had one peacock bang the HPH but didn't eat it. Got some nice LM bass.