Never Doubt The Swimbait

Glidepride

Hello SU,

So things have been slow for me me recently. I started thinking of the good ol days of catching any fish with a mouth on crank baits.

I went to the lake and threw that crank bait till my rod loaded up and my line started singing. It was a hog. I fought that fish for a couple minutes only to loose it near the boat.

It messed with me a bit. I haven't thrown a crank bait in a long time and when I do, I hook into a toad. I also thought that small baits are for numbers and not quality fish.

I moved fishing spots and bamm! Hooked into another toad only to have the bait come loose again! I reeled in my bait with a very large gill plate scale. Very frustrated and let down with my self. I went home.

The next day I went to the spot of the first lost fish. Threw a Ultimate Gill and on the third cast, dunhk! With out light line, I confidently reeled it in and netted the fish with ease.

She choked that gill completely. I really need that fish to boost my swimbait confidence and it did.

She went 4.60 lbs. Caught her in 20' and the water was 58°

Thank you for your interest

Glidepride

post-29084-0-32255500-1522333143_thumb.jpg

post-29084-0-43503600-1522333288_thumb.jpg

post-29084-0-41187300-1522333316_thumb.jpg