Kentucky swimbaiters

Jwp90

I just moved outside of Lexington back in July and have yet to throw a big bait in Kentucky! Currently I am boat-less but hope to change that in the coming year. I think I will pick up a kayak to get me on the water here soon. From talking to other anglers in the area it's sounds like there are a few guys that like to throw swimbaits in the central Kentucky area.

I just moved outside of Lexington back in July and have yet to throw a big bait in Kentucky! Currently I am boat-less but hope to change that in the coming year. I think I will pick up a kayak to get me on the water here soon. From talking to other anglers in the area it's sounds like there are a few guys that like to throw swimbaits in the central Kentucky area.

I haven't fished anything near Lexington but I am about 40 miles south east of Lexington and fish a few diffrent lakes around me. We'll have to get a couple guys together and have a fishing day, catch some fish and grill out somewhere and talk shop.

Any reason is a good reason to get on the water to me. Most weekends work for me and a week day is possible if a bite is hot or a trout stocking is scheduled. I have had my eye on a lake that is about 40 miles south of Lexington.

Any reason is a good reason to get on the water to me. Most weekends work for me and a week day is possible if a bite is hot or a trout stocking is scheduled. I have had my eye on a lake that is about 40 miles south of Lexington.

What lake? Do you know the name?

The lakes that come to mind are.... lake reba Whitehall lake willagreen lake all three are in richmond, south of lex.

Then on down i75 you got lake linville cedar creek lake

And wood creek lake (an impounded type lake where the state record was caught,,, 13 pounds and change)...

If you really want to swimbait fish and get quality bass try the lakes with trout. If you go to the red river gorge and fish mill Creek lake you have a chance at a real stud. I've caught several decent bass there and raised some pigs. Laurel river lake is the biggest lake with trout it produces some monster largemouth and smallmouth I always wanted to fish it with swimbaits in the spring. Woods Creek is another good swimbait lake tons of good targets. Cedar Creek is the best lake around but it gets a ton of pressure so go on a weekday if possible. Water clarity varies for swimbaits. Wilgreen is good but it stays staind like most lakes in the area and isn't a good swimbait lake. Linville isnt that good and doesn't really have good water quality I wouldnt waste time fishing it there are better lakes closer. If you take a longer trip to Eastern Kentucky there are small clear deep lakes with real trophy bass.