Daiwa Reels

Shimano77

So I'm possibly thinking of trying a daiwa reel. I've had a tranx 300/400 and conquest 300/400 over the last year. I'm looking for a daiwa low profile reel comparable to the tranx 300 in price and performance.. What is recommended?

Lexa 300wn has been good for me.

How big of baits are you throwing on the 300wn? I like the looks, but not sure how big it is in comparison to a tranx 300... The 400wn looks massive and weighs alot. 300wn is definitely a candidate.

I've been throwing baits around 2-3oz lately. I think it would do fine with bigger baits.

I will say that it felt pretty gritty out of the box. New spool bearings helped a lot.

Lexa 300, Toro 50, Toro 60

post-31514-0-44586200-1522641027_thumb.jpg

For what it's worth I throw my Hudd 68's, Weedless Rising Sons and Bullshads on a Diawa Tatula HD and just love it for those type of baits.

Good to know, I'm throwing the idea around of getting a tatula hd for hud 68's and similar baits.

I've been throwing baits around 2-3oz lately. I think it would do fine with bigger baits.

I will say that it felt pretty gritty out of the box. New spool bearings helped a lot.

Lexa 300, Toro 50, Toro 60

attachicon.gif20180309_225120.jpg

How do you think the 300 wn would handle a deps 250?

Also, is that the stock handle pictured on your 300 wn?

How do you think the 300 wn would handle a deps 250?

Also, is that the stock handle pictured on your 300 wn?

I haven't thrown a 250 with it, but did throw a S waver 200 around last night.  It handled it fine.

Yes, that is the stock handle.  Love it.

How big of baits are you throwing on the 300wn? I like the looks, but not sure how big it is in comparison to a tranx 300... The 400wn looks massive and weighs alot. 300wn is definitely a candidate.

I just picked up a Lexa 300wn for a buddy of mine. I think the new lexas sit lower on the rod, a little more compact. Forsure it would be able to throw a 250. I like the design. I've owned the older Lexa 300 (Gray) and I felt like it was a tank. Sometimes over powered small baits. The 400 is tuna sized IMO, too big for freshwater.   

Edited by asavamedhi

I appreciate all the input from everyone. I recently switched unconventional reels to daiwa steez from shimano metanium and feel the steez are the best I've ever owned. That got me to wondering about daiwa and the swimbait reels... I have had 2 conquests and 2 tranx in the last year, but in the process of buying 2 NEW swimbait reels. My front runner is the 2018 conquest version with 6.2 gearing, but really wanting 7.1 range gearing. So at this point I need to decide if the lexa 300wn would satisfy my desires...