Daiwa Reels

Shimano77

I have switched almost my whole lineup of non-swimbait gear to Diawa reels. 

Tried my new Tatula SV last night for the first time and was pretty blown away with casting performance out of the box.  Going to have to re-spool if I don't want to see my backing on long casts.  Not to mention a damn good drag capacity, especially for a Diawa.  Held up to several 4-6lb wiper last night, without much thumbing the spool action.

Edited by jthod

I sold 17 Lews this spring and bought 17 new Daiwa's, 9 of them are the SV's your speaking of.  Absolutely amazing reels and when set correctly basically can't be back lashed.  I can literally throw it as hard and far as I can and not put my thump on the spool and it won't back last. 

I heard the new lexa 300’s are locking up mid cast and causing people to lose their baits. I see a few on eBay I’m interested in for around $160 but they don’t look like the newer models. Not sure if the lexa 300 on eBay I’m looking at is worth buying? I really want a Reel with a lower gear ratio.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282437854124

I haven't seen that myself, but I have with my Toro NACLs.  

It's not actually a reel issues in that case, it's an issue of using the single power handle, and the momentum of the cast causing the reel handle to rotate forward, thus engaging the reel.  

Talk about some nasty noise tossing a 8-10oz musky bait...

• 3 weeks later...

I threw a 250 on my lexa 300 (6.3) for a while, but it started feeling gritty and loose so I decided to try out the higher speed Tranx 300. I have to say that I've enjoyed the tranx a lot more.