Month of march

Jacobssam

Had a tough march, but here are some write ups on the few I had.

First fish I got in march/ first glidebait fish of the year was at the very beginning of march. Unusual warm weather for the time of year ( right before two weeks of nonstop rain lol) and headed to a lake I usually never go to. Small deep reservoir with lots and lots of grass. Two Hours in using a Deps and no followers, no bites until I pull in to a little cove with tons of grass, literally throwing a 250 into small pockets of water and pulling it out. I keep doing this and eventually get caught in the grass and randomly rip it through, instantly get a response and watch a fish 3-4 pounds come up and hit the tail of my bait out of nowhere and disappear as fast as it had hit. The light bulb turned on and I started ripping my bait through grass. About 20 mins into doing this I stick my first glidebait fish of the year at a whopping 2.1 lbs on the Deps 250

Flashforward about three weeks and I'm headed to a completely different lake. This lake is all rock, chocolate milk and known for holding giant bluegill. With that in mind, I decided I would stick only with the Hiroshima customs Godzilla. As soon as I pulled up to the lake and made my first cast I knew it was game on, multiple followers all extremely interested in the bait and I could tell I was going to get one. I come up to a rock wall and fire it completely parallel to the wall I start my retrieve and instantly get thumped, fish did not get the hooks and I continued my retrieve. Watched this fish hit the bait at least 5 times until I got to the shore and it spooked off. That same fish followed the bait up 5 more times hitting it every cast until it finally lost interest. I bomb the bait out again and two cranks in I get smashed again this time the fish was hooked. I start grinding the fish when it breaks water, and I helplessly watch the Godzilla fly out of this fishes mouth 15 feet away from me. Guessing in the 3-4 lb range. I Leave the spot and let it sit for an hour hoping maybe I can get another to bite off that wall and bomb another very similar cast out. About half way through my retrieve my bait just stops, I set the hook and another one on, this one I'm able to stick and get to shore. No weight on the fish, but any guesses?

The last fish I caught in the month of march was at a small pond I had gone to once before that my friend takes me too. Not known for big fish, lots of little ones though. Murky water, with tules and rock. I immediately go to the rock wall Similar to the rock wall at the other lake and make two casts with the sly guy replica gill and out of nowhere see a flash and set. Quick fight, get the fish to shore and goes 6.1, 23 inches, and extremely skinny, Was super stoked on this fish because it was so random and not a known place with big ones.

post-28149-0-58988300-1522904778_thumb.jpg

post-28149-0-20764700-1522904808_thumb.jpg

post-28149-0-12488100-1522904855_thumb.jpg

post-28149-0-43989800-1522904905_thumb.jpg

post-28149-0-88319500-1522905148_thumb.jpg