LDC Making weird noise.

CNORG

Ok it’s not the line itself, I have spoiled up multiple lines. I checked guides for looseness, nothing. Not using raid on flourocarbon and monofilament. Ran a Q-Tip through each guide no chips. But water is still cold was 50s today but that doesn’t mean water was. I’m fishing multiple lures such as battle shad 7.5 deps 250 hinkle shad etc and does it for all of them. Do you think it’s my guides freezing or something?

Just checking basic physics - if it was 50 degrees, the guides weren't freezing. If it's fresh mono/flouro, and it's not a vibrating like lure that you're not used to, and you don't have a loose guide or insert...it's you.

the crackling noise is probably coming from the line being rewound back on to your spool, more than likely nothing is wrong with the rod. On the retrieve, you're level wind is filling the mono or floro back in to uneven crevices of the spool causing the crackling noise.

It is possible but I pulled the line strictly through the eyelets only and left the reel cause i know how much sound the reel makes and it still made the sound a little bit.

It is possible but I pulled the line strictly through the eyelets only and left the reel cause i know how much sound the reel makes and it still made the sound a little bit.

Sorry dude but its broken for life.. same thing happened to me ill buy it off you for 100 bucks dm me fast the offer wont last.

I’m not selling it for 100 bucks lol, if anything Ben from LDC can hook me up with a fix for free...

Im sorry bro im only kidding i think your super over thinking it. Hopefully everything works out for you bud.

Ok good for a second I thought you were crazy, lol! But yeah I might be it’s honestly probabaly the cold because does anyone know of caused from the cold with line and guides.

Ok can’t take a video right now but, this is exactly what happens and i will explain it in best detail. I head to the pond, cast about 3 times, doesn’t really make any noise, then i started reeling and reeling and it makes a crackling sound as being reeling to the side up or down, not straight at bait obviously cause it doesn’t touch eyelets. It’s like the line is frayed moving through the guides but it isn’t. Today it was 80 and it made the noise. Also once the rod is out of the water for like 5 minutes of no casts it makes a horrible squeaky noise when reeled up the rod.

Check the blank for damage. Split fibers in the blank can make a terrible racket. Carefully 

bend the rod and look for splinters sticking up. Had a similar problem and that was the culprit.