LDC Making weird noise.

CNORG

I guess all i’m wondering is if anyone with a LDC or any rod for that matter that is basically brand new makes this noise of a very faint grinding noise when turned to the left right up or down (Basically when line is rubbing on the guides.)

When i was fishing i saw ice particles going through my eyelets as well but when i got home i changed my line and it still did it a little bit. Do you think the eyelets are still frozen from when I went with them yesterday to today? I still hear it a little bit not as much though.

Update: I hear the noise in basically all my rods, i’m guessing it’s just vibration, could someone take one of their swimbaits point their rod to the right or left of the bait and start reeling. See if it makes a grinding noise from vibration .

I just got the exact model. I got it about a week ago. I've only used it once and didn't make any noises. I can get out tomorrow and use it again to see if I notice a noise this time. Was it a loud noise easy to hear? I used it all day when I got it and didn't notice anything

It wasn’t like loud, but for instance cast your bait out, do not point your rod tip directly at the bait, put the rod at a slant to the bait left or right so the line touches the guides. Do not reel your reel, only pull the line through all of your eyelets with your hands, make sure there is tension when pulling line through, see if it makes a faint noise, the reason i’m saying don’t use the reel is because the reel always makes a bunch of noise. I’m thinking the sound is from the weight of the bait.

Even when you turned it to the side so that your rod eyelets we’re touching the line?

Yes. I didn't hear anything that would bother me. The rod is a little to heavy for me. That's the only thing I noticed both trips

I would guess it's the line. Either yours is old/frayed, or you're using braid. Other than that you have a guide problem somewhere, with a loose or chipped guide. If it's none of those things, it's probably just you. What lure?