Diawa customer service

Loganodum38

I will never buy another diawa reel. I have ordered parts from them 4 DIFFERENT TIMES!!!! About the same reel, and its always the same thing, they either send me the wrong parts or just don’t send me parts i ordered at all after i go over my order several times to make sure its right and they still screw up.  And all they have to say about it is “I’m sorry sir lets try it again”. About ready to just sell the reels as is just so I don’t have to deal with it anymore. 

Anyone else have this issue?

5 hours ago, kahai808 said:

Sorry to hear man. I always just download the schematics and give them a call with the parts numbers. Never had an issue. Who are you calling or talking to?

That's exactly what I did, that's what makes me so mad about it. And I'll go over it several times before he places the order. Can't remember the name, I've delta with 2 or 3 different people, I just got off the phone with the customer service manager yesterday, think his name was Sergio or something like that, he sent them to me for free. Which is nice because all of the other times I've had the wrong parts sent to me I had to pay for the parts and shipping to me and back to them and shipping for the follow up order that supposedly had the correct parts......and neither did it. I've had to pay to ship 1 part like 4 or 5 times

I always knew I had some special bad luck, bought a tatula 200hd for like $15 bucks, it was beat up a little so I wanted to bring it back to life. So I ordered both side plates, new brake controls that are in the side plate of that model, a antireverse bearing and drag star. And one or 2 more parts. I hate to talk bad about diawa because they make some awesome products but my experience with customer service hasn't been the best. Hopefully things straighten out.

I sent 6 Daiwa reels back after Hurricane Katrina when I was still a Charter captain. They sat in salty putrid water for weeks inside of my totaled out boat. A Capricorn spinning, a Tournament SS, two Luna’s (millionaire back then) and two TDX casting reels. They serviced them and returned them no charge. I’m still using all but the 2 spinning reels.  I have several 15 plus years old Daiwa reels still working.  I used to be a Shimano guy..

Sounds like a recent problem that needs fixing.  I’m in contact with a Daiwa Salesman. Send me the part info and maybe he can personally intervene. This is unacceptable. Twice would be embarrassing. Four times is BS.

4 hours ago, mike h said:

I sent 6 Daiwa reels back after Hurricane Katrina when I was still a Charter captain. They sat in salty putrid water for weeks inside of my totaled out boat. A Capricorn spinning, a Tournament SS, two Luna’s (millionaire back then) and two TDX casting reels. They serviced them and returned them no charge. I’m still using all but the 2 spinning reels.  I have several 15 plus years old Daiwa reels still working.  I used to be a Shimano guy..

Sounds like a recent problem that needs fixing.  I’m in contact with a Daiwa Salesman. Send me the part info and maybe he can personally intervene. This is unacceptable. Twice would be embarrassing. Four times is BS.

i ordered from the customer service manager this last time, if it doesnt work out i most definitely will, Appreciate it.

I think there horrible... I fish in the East so stripers are my regular fish I target... Im new to swimbaits.. I sent back 2 Saltiga 5000H..Those are the high end saltwater spinning rods... Both only fished had 3 months of the year... Both felt a little rough.... Daiwa tells me that both pinion and main drive gears are damaged and that i owe around 250 for each reel. Im pissed ask to talk with someone inspecting my reels.... Both reels are mint not a scratch..... Ask him why there both damaged he tells me its my fault, How the hell is my fault when the reels are supposed to be sealed and there isn’t a scratch on them... LONG story longer we argue back an forth and they finally cover it under warranty and tell mme to send in the rees for service more often....F that I’m not sending a reel in after a month of use.......... 

Fish shimano..... forget DAIWA>>