Feather hooks on Deps 250

carlsbadbassin89

Personally, I make my own feather trebles. I'm sure most others do as well. Its actually really easy to do. Stop by the tackle shop, grab some thread, a bobbin, marabou feathers (That's the secret to not affecting the action) and some super glue. There are tons of tutorials out there and its really easy to do. Costs less than 10 bucks to do quite a few as well. PM me if you need help or pointers. I'm no expert but i found it fairly simple to do.

Edited by Peteisgood

Cool part is, when doing your own, you can add colors and play around with it. I use a bit of chartreuse in my gill hooks. Play around with placement too. Certain baits i will just do up front since bass are head-shooting the bait, others both. Just find what works for you.

19 minutes ago, Peteisgood said:

Personally, I make my own feather trebles. I'm sure most others do as well. Its actually really easy to do. Stop by the tackle shop, grab some thread, a bobbin, marabou feathers (That's the secret to not affecting the action) and some super glue. There are tons of tutorials out there and its really easy to do. Costs less than 10 bucks to do quite a few as well. PM me if you need help or pointers. I'm no expert but i found it fairly simple to do.

Awesome thanks! Yea looks like that’s what I should do. 

3 hours ago, opgarlic said:

I just did these in under an hour. Used epoxy and thread I had laying sround and bought some feather at the local tackle store. I'm in the same situation as you, trying to turn followers into biters.

IMG_20180523_123240.jpg

Looks good man! I’ll be getting feathers on my 250 & 175 this week too! I hope it works for you! Keep us posted and lemme know if you notice a difference in glide now.