Oversized Chatter Blade

h20fowler

I have ran them with some success on the 316 minnow and 5" RS, but not the 7".  Bought the parts and all online and made them myself. After some experimentation, I found I liked the regular size blades on these smaller swimbaits, but on the 7" RS I'd bet the mag size blade would work well.  The vibration those large blades put out is pretty intense

On 7/15/2018 at 3:01 PM, evilcatfish said:

I have ran them with some success on the 316 minnow and 5" RS, but not the 7".  Bought the parts and all online and made them myself. After some experimentation, I found I liked the regular size blades on these smaller swimbaits, but on the 7" RS I'd bet the mag size blade would work well.  The vibration those large blades put out is pretty intense

Mind telling me where you got the parts?

13 hours ago, evilcatfish said:

I got them from Lure Parts Online, but I think Janns and Mudhole has them too

http://www.lurepartsonline.com/s.nl/sc.17/category./.f?search=dancer

Oh dear - now you've done it - I'm staring at my various soft swimbaits wondering which ones might benefit from a blade.  I sense an order coming on!  Thanks for the awesome idea!

7" Rising Son  been doing this a couple years now.  I have found the fish do throw the bait because of the 1 oz. so I changed to the treble and hook ups increased dramatically. Here are the two versions I use. These I made …….Erik J. it was a matter of time lol.   

IMG_20180718_070227.jpg

Screenshot_2018-07-18-07-09-00.png

I tried selling the ones I build in the Black Market section, but apparently it was swimbait related enough...

7/0 saltwater hook, 5/8-1.25oz heads.

White one is rigged with a 6.8 Keitech

jig 3.jpg

1 hour ago, Lurejerk said:

7" Rising Son  been doing this a couple years now.  I have found the fish do throw the bait because of the 1 oz. so I changed to the treble and hook ups increased dramatically. Here are the two versions I use. These I made …….Erik J. it was a matter of time lol.   

IMG_20180718_070227.jpg

Screenshot_2018-07-18-07-09-00.png

I like the treble idea!

• 2 weeks later...