LDC Custom 8' XH For Sale

buzzed bait

Bought this from another guy in absolutely mint condition and I’ve only used it twice since then and has sat in the rod cover otherwise.  It’s a beauty, but it’s a little heavier than I’d like.  It is as mint as you’ll find, can’t find a thing wrong with it. 

8’ XH Parabolic
Spiral Left
Includes LDC rod cover

PayPal only, lower 48 only and would only consider a partial trade for a LDC Workshop White Label 8’ Heavy and/or BGC Wake Gill (no other trades).
Will ship bubble wrapped in a PVC tube, insured.  PM me if interested.

$400 TYD

IMG_3105.jpg.9fd6ec954a63b63e909bab6e820df3f4.jpgIMG_3107.jpg.cb55e7138fdf44789d1d4e05ab3c7aa9.jpgIMG_3106.jpg.fadbce93ab16e1bf535a560bea74ac9b.jpgIMG_3104.jpg.88a4fc597cb453891e08ea3f2ec448bb.jpgIMG_3103.jpg.f5b4d97e571c970ae13598dbaf4d21d6.jpgIMG_3102.jpg.c525fd0872439c13ca15b459993f6616.jpgIMG_3101.jpg.2d3f8b20d70761af453eaffbb36b8525.jpgIMG_3100.jpg.542fdfecc0f441809b45c78a88714a9e.jpg

Dumb rookie question:  on the third pic down, left side, it looks like the first (bottom) guide is straight up, then the next guide is angled a little to the right of that.  I've noticed that on a few of the rod pics, but not all of them--is that a camera angle trick, or are the guides really offset like that?? If so, what's the purpose?

Thanks for helping a noob out.

Just now, 168 Rookie said:

Dumb rookie question:  on the third pic down, left side, it looks like the first (bottom) guide is straight up, then the next guide is angled a little to the right of that.  I've noticed that on a few of the rod pics, but not all of them--is that a camera angle trick, or are the guides really offset like that?? If so, what's the purpose?

Thanks for helping a noob out.

yep, the rod is spiral wrapped to the right side. And my understanding is that it helps reduce friction when casting, correct if im wrong please. 

No, the point of a spiral wrap is to reduce the effect caused by the weight of the reel and the pressure of the line on the guides all pulling down and wanting to twist the rod in your hands.  When you hold a spinning rod everything settles how it should, but with a casting rod everything wants to flip over on you.  Spiral wrap helps to reduce this effect.  But it's only appreciable when you're fighting a fish...so you must catch fish to notice it ;-)

Hmm, that's interesting.  I've caught plenty of fish, but never noticed the feel of the rod wanting to spin in my hand (though I didn't know that was even a thing, so I've never paid attention to it).  Something for me to pay attention to in the future.  Man, I've been at this for 30 years and there's still so much about this fishing thing I have no idea of...

2 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

While we're at it, is direction of the spiral defendant on if a person is right retrieve or left retrieve. Or does it not matter? 

Doesn't matter at all, only thing it effects is how the rod lays on the deck. Or if it messes with your OCD lol

1 hour ago, VAngler said:

But it's only appreciable when you're fighting a fish...so you must catch fish to notice it ;-)

now i see why i've never appreciate the benefit!!!